Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • How hot in India??
  • Pigface
    Free Member

😯 51C 😯

Wow that is hot, had it at 48C in Perth W.A. and that was silly hot.

jambalaya
    Free Member

PB for me was 45 in Kuwait and we had AC ! I pity the poor elderly folks in India

qwerty
    Free Member

Its no excuse for trippy road marking though

😉

slowoldgit
    Free Member

But a nice breeze should cool it down.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m not sure I could survive in 51c – 43c was my max in Syndney Feb 2001 – I was in my early 20s then and I was trying to wash cars under a tent – even being perpetually wet from the jetwashers it was pretty much hell.

jairaj

At least it wouldn’t take long to make a cup of tea. The water is already half way to boiling point?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Yeah but all the choc on your hobnob would have already melted.

br
    Free Member

I was working in India a few years ago and we had a fire-alarm go off.

It was +40c outside, so I went into another building where there was a different company based, and asked if I could just ‘shelter’ in their reception (air con) 🙂 they were lovely and even brought me tea.

As a northern bloke once it gets past 20c its’ hot.

Pigface
    Free Member

Sorry peeps highest recorded temp in Perth was 46.7, must of been below that so ignore my 48c claim. Lets be honest at 44 or 48 it was still crazy hot, thank the Lord for the Freo doctor.

allthepies
    Free Member

45-50degC in Egypt at Queen Hatshepsut’s temple back in 2000.

Wasn’t too bad actually, a dry heat.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’ve been in the UAE and Qatar when it been nudging 50 dec C. When its that hot wind seems to make it worse, it’s like a fan assisted oven 😯

tang
    Free Member

I used to live there and one May it hit 53 deg, no AC and I had caught scabies. That was torture. Actually that was in Pakistan.

surfer
    Free Member

My wife spent a fortnight in Delhi with work during the earthquakes not so long ago. They had to evacuate the building they were in but many people either didn’t leave or went back when the tremors where still happening such was the heat outside 😯

sharkattack

When I was in India I lost my shades and got sunburn on my eyelids. It feels weird blinking with swollen, puffy lids.

johndoh
    Free Member

My brother in law lives in Melbourne – earlier this year they had something daft like 42 degrees one day but then it plummeted to about 18 degrees the next – it must have felt like instant SUMMER < > WINTER with temperature swings like that.

Edit – 42 > 19 in 48 hours http://www.accuweather.com/en/au/melbourne/26216/january-weather/26216

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Some of the testing guys did death valley 3 or 4 years ago.
    After the hot soak test they refused to get back into the cars as it was about 75-80 degrees C inside the cars.

Putting gloves on and pushing them the 30 metres into the shade in 50+ degree heat was preferable to actually sitting inside them and driving.

seosamh77
    Free Member

b r – Member
    As a northern bloke once it gets past 20c its’ hot.

double figures is hot! 😆

-m-
    Free Member

I’m just waiting to fly back from Delhi.

I can confirm that it’s been quite warm this week.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

It was officially 49 deg that day in the UAE. One mid-afternoon I was sorting my kit in a container which had been stood in the sunlight on that dockside for three weeks. First I had to drag a lot of drilling gear out: core barrels, sampling gear etc, nothing lightweight. I had to wear gloves because the stuff was too hot to touch.

Never again, fortunately.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

@ ghostly – fire them up from outside with the door open, switch the AC to arctic, shut the door and come back in ten mins.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

They’re parked inside a black painted open topped box. Front bumper against a wall. The idea is to get them as hot as possible. Starting the AC doesn’t work so well. Plus you’ll probably gas yourself.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I found it’s more than just the number, week of 40+ in Melbourne is tough going, Perth you just seem to get on a bit better and the Doctor fixes a lot and 6am road laps of the river were at least possible.

Highest recorded was 46.4c in Melbourne on Black Saturday when the fires went through up north. It was just horrid and hard to do anything apart from sit inside.

must have been getting up to 40c out on Slickrock in Moab, driving around the steering wheel was always hot, bugger all shade around and even after a short walk I had no desire to be out in the sun much more that day.

Most uncomfortable was high 30’s in Brisbane Humidity, after a thunder storm it just got more humid 🙁

davosaurusrex

My record was 44 in Sydney in 1994. Unfortunately for me it was the day I had a courier trial which consisted of chasing a courier with really big calves who was determined to drop me, I was on knobblies and he was on slicks. I remember the walls of heat coming off the back of buses sitting in traffic were incredible. Lasted until mid afternoon before I crashed into a motorbike whilst chasing him through a red light.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘How hot in India??’ is closed to new replies.