Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • How high can a badger jump?
  • CountZero

Judging by the extraordinary numbers I’m seeing dead by the side of the road all over the south of the country, they can’t jump high enough to clear a car, let alone a truck.
    But then, neither can the pheasants…

deadkenny
    Free Member

CountZero – Member 
    Judging by the extraordinary numbers I’m seeing dead by the side of the road all over the south of the country

I’m convinced these are killed by farmers and dumped on the road to blame it on cars to avoid the wrath of protesters and Brian May.

wwaswas

I’m convinced these are killed by farmers and dumped on the road to blame it on cars to avoid the wrath of protesters and Brian May.

it’s a sett up!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    welshfarmer

This may happen, it may not. But the other night on a 7 mile drive home from my mates place through the lanes I had 3 badgers running along the road in front of me at various places before they got into the hedge.

That same mate (vet) has been involved in Badger TB vaccine work locally and has had to trap/release his area to ascertain the local population. It may surprise people to know that there is an average of 11 badgers per square kilometre around here. Or put it another way 110 badgers within about 1/2 mile of a 5 mile stretch of road. A few road kills does not surprise me in the slightest.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Update

2200hrs … got home and all quiet.

2345 … just before bed and perimeter secure

0230 … middle of the night wee and who knew Battle of the Somme only took a little under three hours.

There are no obvious signs of entry alone the neighbouring fence side of my triangular shaped lawn or to the road side under the conifer hedge…. So that leads me to conclude that they aren’t too worried about just walking over the looped back on itself chicken wire, which runs along the border of my lawn and drive and is the hypotenuse of the triangle

Before I shell out on a Nerf turret gun, I’ve now used stakes to raise the top of the CW wire along this hypotenuse to fashion a make shift fence…. unless they drag the kid’s trampoline around to the front they defo aren’t jump this “fence” and they cant get under it… as its right on the retaining wall.

They may, however, drop a shoulder and just run through it 😈

ehrob

Anything makeshift they’ll just plough through it, but good luck!

wwaswas

just buy a cheap roll of polypropolene netting. Cover the lawn with it, peg it down round the edges.

Use it at night until the lawn’s established itself.

eviljoe
    Free Member

The OP earlier

martinhutch

Indeed. Op’s garden right now.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Success!!

BDS 4200 worked !!

Or

They’ve had the night off and are leading me into a false sense of security. Only to come and reap more destruction in the nights to come. 😈

Sandwich

They’ve hired a back hoe for the weekend. Sunday will be a scene of biblical devastation.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘How high can a badger jump?’ is closed to new replies.