Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How heavy/light is your Rocket?
  • colournoise

At what size? With what type of build?

robhughes
    Free Member

Don’t know yet but i think i might be buying one. 😀

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Large and Orange
    Full 970 XTR, Fox 150 DRCV Kashima fork, reverb, Hope Hoops with Flows, Mono minis with 200/180 rotors
    31lb
    Cheers
    Steve

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not got mines yet, hopefully in the next couple of weeks, but should be a similar weight as steves, revs, 1x10slx with an e13 LS1, stans flows on hope evo hubs and formula mega brakes. Reverb too. Really can’t weight to ride it, although if I’m honest, I’m looking forward to building it just as much. I’ll take over the kitchen for the evening, 6music on, bottle of something nice. No kids allowed. Or wives. 😀

dashcroft
    Free Member

31Ibs sound heavy to me. What stuff are you using that for? Not blues and reds at your local trail centre, I guess. Beautiful bike, though, I really like the cotic clean lines.

nickkent
    Free Member

13.6kg

Size Large, Fox32’s, Crest rims, dropper post, Deore cranks, XT mech and cassette, Superstar bar and stem, V8 peddles, Hope Mono Minis with big rotors.

It feels plenty light but I think I would prefer a wider rim on the back as I have to run high pressures to stop the tyre rolling.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I think you’d struggle to bring a rocket build in for much under that. What makes you think 31lbs is heavy “for a Rocket”? Everything I’ve read on the bike reports of 30lb + builds. I think you’d struggle to bring it in for much less without ruining the whole point of the bike as an all-mountain, burley ‘take anything you can throw at it’ kind of bike.

Alex

I reckon 31lb ish. Medium/Slant Forks/XT 2×10/XT brakes/Arch EX rims, DHF on Front, Advantage on the back. Bit more with Flows and 2.5/2.4 variants of above. Pedals ‘light’ tho.

colournoise

Thanks all. 31 sounds about right I reckon. Getting more and more tempted by a Rocket. My BFe comes in at 29 so even if I just swapped the parts across it would hit about 31 anyway going by the published frame weights.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I call mine my “Lakes” bike.
    I have taken it to Dalby, Whinlaater and Hamsterley but mainly use it on open stuff rather than twisty stuff. It’s good on all trails but I prefer it this way.
    I would say it was worst at Whinlatter in the tight twisty stuff in the trees but much better on the open rocky, jumpy flowing stuff.
    It’s long, low and slack and I think this is reflected in what I said above and it shines on big descents like those on the Borrowdale Bash or at a route we do at Loughrigg.
    I’m lucky as I have other bikes and can choose which one suits which ride best.
    The suspension works fantastically well and despite the perceived extra weight I can get up everything I can on my other bike.
    If you used lighter wheels and tyres and a lighter seatpost it would drop under 30lb but as said above it defeats the purpose really.
    Wouldn’t not to have it. It’s a fantastic bike.
    Cheers
    Steve

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How heavy/light is your Rocket?’ is closed to new replies.