How good are BA when correcting loss of baggage?

Home Forum Chat Forum How good are BA when correcting loss of baggage?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • How good are BA when correcting loss of baggage?
  • Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

I flew to geneva the day after Terminal 5 opened for a snowboarding holiday.

My luggage arrived at my house 4 weeks after I got back.

On the plus side BA bought me, my wife and my brother in law a whole new set of snowboarding gear but they weren’t disputing many claims in a wake of the T5 opening shambles.

Premier Icon mikey-simmo
    Subscriber

How long before they buy me wife a new bike? I’d rather have the holiday back on track.

konagirl

To counter the first reply (which by his own admission was when T5 first opened and the ground logistics truelly were shambolic) I have had ‘lost’ baggage delivered to a hotel within an hour of when they said it would get there. Be thankful its only short-haul and so it should turn up tonight. Did you transfer? If so, it happens, don’t fret yet! BA will just claim the cost of getting it to you from the ground handling agent.

Premier Icon kcal
    Subscriber

More of a delayed transfer for our baggage, but as per kg, our huge suitcase (think we’d been to Oz) didn’t make the arrival in Edinburgh – which was actually quite handy as it meant we could easily hop on the airport bus, otherwise with baby, kit and suitcases we’d have got a taxi..

baggage arrived later that evening..

Yep, dont fret, we lost all our bags transfering from Heathrow to Belfast and they arrived at our door in a taxi that same evening. They will show up okay.

I even remember, back in time before bar code tags (mid 80’s maybe) my final destination was Kano, the check in person heard this and wrote the abbreviation for Cairo on the tag, so no bags on arrival. Took them three days to get to me but the at least the system worked.. You will be fine in Western Europe in 2013

trail_rat

They got my bag to me in 2 days in turkmenbashi in turkmenistan – when i left british airways airplane in turkey

As above if you in western europe youll be fine.

aP

Although flying out of T5 at lunchtime, they couldn’t be bothered to tell anyone that the flight crew hadn’t turned up so we were 2 hours late. It was only when I went to check and asked if the plane had been cancelled that they mentioned that it was going to be late, and 1 3/4 hours before they tannoyed it.
    But Milan is pleasantly warm this evening 😉

Premier Icon mikey-simmo
    Subscriber

Anyone had the unfortunate experience of having your BA luggage not arrive at the destination at the same time as you?
    My wife is at the arrival airport for a cycling holiday – but the BA flight appears to have neglected one vital part of her packing.

They’ve promised it on the next flight at 8.15 tonight but I have my doubts. They’ve promised to deliver it to to the start point of the ride but again I’m finding this hard to believe in.

Anyone offer me anything positive I can tell her?

Premier Icon mikey-simmo
    Subscriber

She’s starting cycling Wednesday Morning. She has to put it back together and Really Really hoping it’s all going to be ok.

Mine was not on the flight from london to tolouse a few years ago. Arrived at the hotel, by taxi, within an hour of the next flight landing.

Premier Icon sweaman2
    Subscriber

Once had it where – whilst waiting at the carousel – I was paged to go to customer services. Was informed that baggage had been missed (so they told me) and that is already on the next flight.

So you might be ok.

hels

Sorry to piss in your chips, but BA lost all my luggage, including bike last time I got back from NZ, via SF, LHR then Edinburgh. Sighted at SF so def lost at LHR, their base airport.

Took them 3 days to courier it to me, about an hour under the 72 hours after which they are due to pay compensation. And I had to go out and search the truck, as the courier driver was sure there was only 1 piece. I figured a bike can’t be hard to spot it was worth five minutes of my time and potential apology to the courier for calling him a liar – it was there right enough.

Premier Icon mikey-simmo
    Subscriber

Oh don’t say that! God she’s only there for 7 days. Spose I should be happy we didn’t fly with those My-Big-Fat-Gypsy-Airline carrier ryan air.
    Kick in the nuts for a lost bag.

Premier Icon ratadog
    Subscriber

BA should be good at re-uniting luggage with its owner. God knows they have had enough practice over the years. Mind you they are not alone in this. Family went to NZ at Easter with Emirates. Luggage took 2 days to catch us up in Christchurch and they were very coy where it had been in the meantime. Happily they left the flight labels on so it was relatively easy to work out that it had gone Manchester-Dubai-Durban (Durban!!!) Dubai-Bangkok-Christchurch. Lovely chap turned up with it and told us that although he was grateful for our thanks, he was happy to have a full time job returning luggage all over South Island.

Premier Icon irc
    Subscriber

BA San Francisco – LHR – Glasgow. There was a fairly short change at Heathrow. My bike didn’t make it onto the Glasgow plane. Arrived at the house by van the next day.

thegreatape

Someone neglected to move our boy’s £30 booster seat from the transatlantic plane onto the domestic plane. They gave me a brand new £80 car seat at Glasgow for the drive home, told me to keep it, and the next day a taxi brought the old one the 95 miles to my house.

Premier Icon woody21
    Subscriber

We flew from Madrid to Gatwick, our luggage flew to Heathrow – reunited within 24 hours

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

under 24 hrs (I was on the last flight north that night) though it was a little while ago. Considering the amount of luggage handled and the stats are very very good for getting things to the right place. If they say tomorrow then I would expect that to happen.

Premier Icon seadog101
    Subscriber

BA lost my blue holdall at LHR T5.

Four times a courier called at my house.
    1. Blue suitcase
    2. Blue fold up suit carrier
    3. Blue rucksack
    4. My bag!

MrNutt

took 4 weeks to arrive, very battered. It was the return flight, they wouldn’t pay or provide anything until they could determine that they had lost it or not!!

Premier Icon mikey-simmo
    Subscriber

Still no bike and they think Thursday perhaps. Piss poor.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘How good are BA when correcting loss of baggage?’ is closed to new replies.