Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How flexy are 32mm SID’s
  • qwerty
    Free Member

On a flexometer, if I was coming from a 27.5″ Pike with 35mm stanchions and 120mm of travel, how flexy would I find a SID 29er with 32mm stanchions & 100mm of travel?

Would I be better off with a 29er SID with 35mm stanchions and 110mm of travel 🤔

johnw1984
    Free Member

I thought you could get the newer 35mm SID in 120mm length?

Oh, are you wanting to use it with a 27.5 wheel?

I had a 120mm SID Ulitmate (29er, 32mm) on a hard tail and it wasn’t too bad under 16 stone for trail riding.

P20

I’ve got 32mm 120mm rebas and they do flex when pushing on. It’s not horrific but you can notice it. I’d go for the 35mm.
    the full sus is 35mm pike for comparison

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    qwerty
    Free Member

Oh, are you wanting to use it with a 27.5 wheel?

No. This is about me moving from a 27.5 bike with a Pike to a 29er that’s designed for a 100mm for but could take 110/120mm.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Ah right, then the 120mm/35mm SID would be a good option then I reckon.

I’d have liked to try one on a light trail hard tail or something 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

Flexy… You’ll notice it!

Fox 34SC’s are a good option too, very pleased with mine (just basic Performance version with GRIP damper) and they’ve shrugged off a fair amount of abuse from my 90kg+ frame and my not particularly smooth riding style. Couldn’t have got away with a lot of the stuff I have on them on 32mm Revelations or Reba’s that I’ve owned in the past, and the SID’s are flexier still owing to thinner tube walls and less overlap in the chassis.

ahsat

35 mm SIDs don’t seem to have any difference in flex compared to my Pikes. I need @p20 to give them a ride to give it direct comparison with his 32 mm Rebas (and he notices this stuff more than me).

Once we topped up the fluid in the SIDs, I’ve been v pleased with them. On a Stanton Sherpa.

swanny853

I’ve the old 32mm Sids at 120 and they’re flexier than pikes (29, 140) but imo not obviously flexy in their own right. If replacing with the newer ones
    I can’t really see why I wouldn’t go 35mm except on a proper weight weenie build.

Daffy

I don’t notice any difference on local trails between my Fox 34s and my SID32. Both 29ers.

breadcrumb

A while back I upgraded from a 100mm Reba (20mm maxle) to 120mm Pikes, night and day difference.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How flexy are 32mm SID’s’ is closed to new replies.