How far/long from your house

Home Forum Bike Forum How far/long from your house

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • How far/long from your house
  • Premier Icon soundninjauk
    Subscriber

I hate all of you.

20 minute ride to Richmond Station, 40 minute train journey to Martins Heron, 10 minute ride to Swinley Forest.

Damn you London.

Premier Icon jezketley
    Subscriber

I can be off road in less than a minute, but takes about 10 minutes to get to some really good stuff. The Chilterns are riddled with good riding (when its not sloppy). If I could tweak where I lived at all, it would somewhere at the foot of a good descent, not, as at present, the top.

Premier Icon mintimperial
    Subscriber

Nearest bit of singletrack is 30 seconds from the door. Peak District boundary and the start of a huge network of Pennine paths and BWs is five minutes ride up the hill. I didn’t choose to live here for the riding exactly, but the fact that the riding is good is what got me back into bikes again after a few years away. If I moved house again (no chance), quality of local trails would be very near the top of the list of qualifiers.

busydog

About 200 yards and I am into the Sandia mountain range and 40 miles or so of trails–unfortunately, at the moment, except for the lower foothills section, it’s all closed off now due to extreme fire danger (3 major fires–several smaller burning in the state—almost 100 sq. miles burned)

bartimaeus

It’s 5.5km from my door to Adsdean for the start of Kingley Vale. About a third of the way there is on bridleway, so a decent warm-up rather than a chore. On the way back the last section of bridleway come out opposite the pub…

Dibbs

3.5 mile road climb to the top of the Quantocks for me.

b r

We live on the St Cuthberts Way, rode to the Cheviots last night 🙂

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

8 miles from stainburn 🙂 parents house is >1 mile from a decent dh trail.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Double post 🙁

mattsccm

Out the gate. FoD resident

toxicsoks

30secs to local park/woods that has some interesting rooty singletrack then out into farmland. Nearest hilly stuff is about 12miles.

trail_rat

trails werent a factor for me.

the biggest factor for me was commutable distance from my work and shops via bicycle.

Premier Icon trailhound
    Subscriber

10 min spin and I’m bang in the middle of some of N Wales most stunning scenery. 15 min of up to the top of the Llangollen DH tracks and the option of endless natural trails in every direction!
    15min in van or 3/4 hr pedal to Llandegla, Marin, Penmachno,Antur Steinog & CYB all well under an hrs drive – not to bad I don’t reckon.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

1/2 mile to Cock Orchard, then another half a mile to a long draggy climb up to Cat and Fiddle

(OK, not THE Cat and Fiddle!)

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘How far/long from your house’ is closed to new replies.