Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • How easy is it to service a Fox float
  • ollie
    Free Member

Never been done on my 06 reign, not had any problems but thought it might be a good idea to give my float some sort of service, So how easy is it? and how much will it cost me? And should I stop drinking and take it to my lbs.

elaineanne
    Free Member

arent you supposed to have them serviced once a year ? yep cut down the drinking dude ! you mite want to see where you’re cycling ! lol

ollie
    Free Member

once a year sounds about right, but I’m a lazy git with a sudden burst of enthusiasm and a lot of beer at my disposal.

I removed my rear shock tonight thinking it was a great idea, once it was off and sitting on the worktop in the kitchen I suddenly realised I haven’t got a clue what I’m doing or how to service it! oops.

coatesy
    Free Member

The basic air service is easy, put it back in place on the bike, let the air out, grip the can(the part with the logo on)and unscrew it. Remove from bike and slide the can off the end, wipe out dirt etc from around the seals, regrease with a light grease around the seals and bushes, slide the can back onto the shaft, fit onto bike and compress it whilst screwing the can back on.Re-inflate, bounce it and re-check the pressure, job done.
    Full service and oil change involves high pressure nitrogen, best left to the experts.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How easy is it to service a Fox float’ is closed to new replies.