• This topic has 57 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Goz.
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • How dry are your trails ?
  • trailmonkey

Some nice shots there Rich.
    As for your WW hopes, I think you’ve had ample opportunities for that over the last 2 years. Roll on the drought. 8)

singletrackmind

25 mile loop around south downs on sunday. all prety good, apart from West Dean estate where they are logging. Even felt brave so ran a Speedking on the rear, Vert Pro up front , 1 sketchy moment on Kingly Vale , and it was still claggy up top there as always. Amazing for March 1st, i reckon could have worn a short sleeved jersye and base layer and got away with it.

lethal_frizzle
    Free Member

i remember when i was a lot more in to WW kayaking i used to wish for it to rain, especially for the dart loop because thats always good with a bit of water!
    now in my predominantly mtb’n days i pray for dryness most of the time! that doesnt always work out well when i spend half the year in Wales and te other half in Devon!

rOcKeTdOg

this dry

dusty in places, gloopy in others

chakaping
    Free Member

Got back about an hour ago and the bike was so clean it came in through the house (rather than side gate).

That hasn’t happened since the cold snap just after new year.

jam-bo

dartmoor was so dry it was on fire in a few spots tonight. not sure if it was controlled burning or not. i doubt it as it was pretty close to the road.

raining hard now though.

trailmonkey

We saw a few burnt patches yesterday. I’m sure it’s controlled though.

jam-bo

then i’m guessing it got out of hand. just up above dartmeet it was burnt all along the side of the road..

trailmonkey

Probably the easiest way to get rid of all the dead muttons, left behind by the snow 😯

jam-bo

Not so dry anymore, was pretty grim coming back over the moors tonight…

midlifecrashes

Who started this thread? It’s been torrential here all day. The first rule of dry trails is…

phiiiiil

It’s my fault, sorry… I decided Spring had arrived and put the suspension forks back on my commuter to properly enjoy all the dry trails. Ooops…

MrNutt
    Free Member

well done folks, the west is now bathed in airborne water, I blame you all for this!

Reluctant
    Free Member

Got it in the far east too, MrNutt. Good job i got a few laps of Swinley in this morning before it goes all slulshie again. 😥

rich-6
    Free Member

I had dust at the weekend on my bike 😮

Dalby has dried very quickly

trailmonkey

Don’t panic. It’s just damping down the dust, ready for the weekend 😉

stucol
    Free Member

Currently an inch of snow on the ground to the south of Glasgow and snowing like mad.

Local trails will be ridable by july !!

Was out on them 2 weeks ago and had to hikeabike up all the hills due to slush.

Dont think the road bike will be on for a commute tomorrow somehow.

Goz
    Free Member

Yesterday, very good….today….not good.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘How dry are your trails ?’ is closed to new replies.