Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 150 total)
  • how do you tell your partner they are fat
  • Jamie
    Free Member

you come on a forum with a serious question and all you get is tbh is how to insult youu better half, not what i expected

You must be new here.

teasel
    Free Member

i am having a laugh, i wouldnt leave her for the world

Good oh! Always hard to be certain on forums…

Tom83

Buy a tuba, learn to play it in secret. Then follow her round doing a simple bom bom bom song. She’ll get the idea..

makkag
    Free Member

Sorry to Hijack
    difficult one this im somewhere at the oposite end of the issue . but I have been friends with this woman for years and we have allways had a thing. she is smart, sucessfull (70k a year job) Interesting , Kind, caring giving & would make good wife material .she wants to get together propperly but i have an issue. She is far from unatractive, but she is a little overweight and heavier set, call me shallow but i just dont get that sexual spark from her and that worries me, so much so that have actualy got the droop whilst engaged in it with her.

I have allways had relationships with Slim or Skinny women thats what floats my boat. I could have a great life with this lady but i Just dont fancy her ..and for me good sex is a huge part of any sucessfull relationship ..

Dont know weather to just be straight with her or **** it off !

milkyman
    Free Member

for all you fellas out there that have super slim, fit women in you life your very lucky to have not had ask this question but one day you might, or she might even be thinking it about you

i just wanted guidence on the politest lest hurtfull way of saying it

Jamie
    Free Member

There really is no way to sugar coat telling someone they are fat.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0aIqx1McVI[/video]

milkyman
    Free Member

james

your right, i will just have to say it as it is

McHamish
    Free Member

After my poor attempts at being funny I thought I offered some helpful suggestions.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

your right, i will just have to say it as it is

Good luck old boy.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

milkyman

i just wanted guidence on the politest lest hurtfull way of saying it

I don’t think there is one. She will know anyway

alpin
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

There really is no way to sugar coat telling someone they are fat.

no, sugar coating it just seems like you’re adding insult to injury….

HermanShake
    Free Member

Not like this. Telling them is not the answer, it will probably make things worse. Why have they expanded?

If they are depressed or have a low self esteem, you will almost certainly cement the chubby bricks they are stacking around themselves. If they do not understand diet/cooking then expand their horizons, if they are inactive…find something active they or you both can enjoy.

Or you could ice it on a cake while playing the following:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzsWuqNlLK4[/video]

bellys
    Free Member

I got drunk on Holliday 2 years ago and asked her when she was going to loose some weight 😯 the words if you don’t like it the **** off I felt very bad the next day. It’s not the done thing. If you have got room get a tread mill and incorage her to use it.

McHamish
    Free Member

I reckon if you sit there and say “you’re fat, get thin”, you’re more likely to get a black eye for your trouble. Either that or she’ll tell you she hasn’t fancied you for years and she’s never complained. What she’ll read from that is you don’t fancy her anymore, not that you’re concerned about her weight.

Perhaps you should take a look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself whether you’re still the same guy she met.

Suggest joining some fitness classes together as your both out of shape, and do them together. Make it a couple thing, rather than about her being unattractive.

flipiddy
    Free Member

Perhaps you should take a look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself whether you’re still the same guy she met.

^ this

I would suggest doing some activities together. Maybe some longer walks or similar?

Alternatively, if you want a serious chat then turn things on their head and ask what *you* can do to improve the relationship. This way the emphasis isn’t just on her, but be prepared to hear things you weren’t expecting. And when it’s your turn then try suggesting that you’re worried about her health and would like her to eat a bit more healthily and be a bit more active. Actually saying she is fat is not going to do her self-esteem or relationship any good!

Jamie
    Free Member

One other thing, you should be prepared for the response that she is aware of it, and couldn’t give a toss.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

This sort of thread is where STW comes into it’s own…very, very funny! 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

Start riding together. Tell her you want to start eating healthily and that you’ll be doing the shopping and cooking then follow that through.myou don’t need anything fancy, just eat healthily, eat a little less, drink less (assuming you do drink) and excersize more. To be honest if you’re thinking it she already knows.

_tom_
    Free Member

I would probably just tell her but then i’m awfully blunt about things like this and have no sympathy for the fat.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Face it, you’ve probably both given up and stopped trying. The romance has started to evaporate. She probably started developing a relationship with the biscuit barrel around the time you stopped suppressing flatulence in her presence or littering the floor of the bathroom with skiddy Y-fronts.

You probably need to reset and reboot a few different things, a few bad habits that you have drifted into incrementally and imperceptibly, as a couple rather than jabbing a finger in her chubby coupon and demanding the keys to the cake tin before farting, reaching into the fridge for a Stella and assuming your usual position on the couch in front of the fitba.

crikey
    Free Member

So, let me get this right….

Farting in front of the Mrs is not considered romantic?

user-removed
    Free Member

neilsonwheels – Member
    Joking aside I do actually like a “big” girl. Each to their own eh?

Seriously though, there’s been some great advice up there ^^^. Perhaps start off with a conversation about what makes her happy*, what might make her even happier, what she might change about herself if she could click her fingers and do it instantly…. Then suggest ways in which the pair of you can actually make this happen. You get the drift.

*If at this point, the answer is “Chips!”, you’re on a hiding to nothing.

nealglover
    Free Member

my mrs just told me i was getting too big.
    i got weighed and agreed with her………and i am now over 2 stone lighter.

Ton, I had exactly the same conversation. And did the same thing.

But as a rule, men are a lot less….. Erm…… “Complex” than women in dealing with these situations.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Maybe not that big. 😯

althepal

I think the use Of the word “fat” wouldnt be advisable..
    Think you just need to man up and have an honest, adult conversation about it.
    No easy way else really.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Tell her by phone, explaining you can’t get near enough for her to hear you anymore?

qwerty
    Free Member

Sit down together and calmly discuss over a large meal how to reinforce her side of the bed.

tazzymtb

MrsToast
    Free Member

You say she’s doing Weight Watchers, so she obviously knows that she needs to lose weight and wants to. Try helping her out with the cooking, ask her how many points are in things, ask her how she’s doing with her points allowance for the day. Does she do any exercise? If she does, then encourage her with it. If she doesn’t, try and help her find some form of exercise she does enjoy. Ask her if there’s anything you can do to help her stay on plan.

Failing that, mousetraps in the biscuit tin.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Failing that, mousetraps in the biscuit tin.

😆

hels
    Free Member

Positive reinforcement ? Start having healthy cooking nights ? It’s a sensitive issue for most women, which you clearly know. Exercising together a good idea too. Well done for caring too !

PMK2060

Every time you pass a slim attractive lady make sure you tell your missus how sexy they look, how great their legs look, how pert their bottom is….

Seriously its a difficult topic to discuss with your other half as you never know how they will take it (i have been there). Firstly you need to reassure her that you still find her attractive.

Finding a way to exercise together is a good way to kick start a healthier lifestyle. It needs to be something you both enjoy otherwise it will fall by the wayside.

damo2576
    Free Member

Tricky one.

Do you have to tell her? Perhaps getting a new partner is easier?

imnotverygood

Buy her this:

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I just told my Mrs that if she gets fat then I’m off, simples, at least she knows the score.

Bregante

A bit of DIY when she pops out

thegoodbyegirl
    Free Member

@milkyman

🙂 ok boys the way to let your ladies know they might be fat? NONE!! of the ways you have all suggested are right 🙂

She probably already knows, I used to weight 10.5 stone (i’m 5 foot 8 before you witter) over the last year due to a dodgy thyroid which I had half of removed, now I weight 13.5 stone, not good, so my other half and I had a chat and we went halfers on a treadmile 🙂 now I do 20 minutes of fast walking slow running every couple of days 🙂

Slow and steady I’ll get this weight back off and @matt303 has been ace 🙂

Ps he showed me this thread and I said if he didnt post i would 🙂

flippinheckler
    Free Member

So why are you thegoodbyegirl then 😉

nicko74

Buy her some lycra bibshorts. There’s no way on earth she could put them on and not know…

Then suggest you both run a marathon together for charidee* or somesuch. You’ll both lose weight, you’ll get in shape AND you can eat quite well when doing marathon training. Plus you’ll be able to tell if you really like each other or whether to give up now – round about the 18th mile your patience starts to wear a little thin….

* I don’t like to talk about it, mate

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 150 total)

The topic ‘how do you tell your partner they are fat’ is closed to new replies.