Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • How do you repair tubeless pinch flat ?
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Hi all,
    I got a pinch flat on the weekend in my tubeless back tyre and the hole was just a bit to big for the sealant to seal. I put a tube in to carry on but would like to repair it so what’s the best method.
    Cheers
    Shaun

creamegg
    Free Member
    Scapegoat

Patch it from the inside using a round edged piece of old inner tube. Make sure it’s absolutely clean and sand round the hole, then use plenty of weight/pressure to stick the patch on firmly.

fathomer

Dental floss and superglue has worked for me a couple of times.

mildbore

I use worms if the cut is far enough from the bead, or a standard inner tube patch if too close to the bead for worms. If it’s a big hole I might then fill it with superglue

binners

Tubeless tyres – the solution to a problem that doesn’t exist

jonba
    Free Member

I’ve stitched with floss and glued with success in the past.

It is a bit belt and brace but I stitched with floss, superglued the area then patched it. I’ve found the stitching can wear away over time so the patch and glue help increase the life.

stany
    Free Member

I just use Lezyne self adhesive inner tube patches. The rear tyre has 2 in there I think, and no issues.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Tubeless tyres Tubes – the solution to a problem that doesn’t exist

FTFY BinBins.

shaungero
    Free Member

I might try a patch this time and I’ll buy some worms to keep in the bag for future

zero-cool
    Free Member

Normal patches and/or duct tape

SirHC
    MadBillMcMad

as creamegg says,
    that sticky worms string stuff is ace.

I fixed two goping holes in the sidewall of my fatty tyre a few weeks back & has run tubeless perfectly since. Done 400km on it since fixing so quite happy.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Only ever had one cut that wouldn’t heal itself.

I glued a patch on the inside in the same way you would glue a patch on the outside of a tube.

Only tricky bit was trying to keep the spaff in there and hold the patch in position, with a tube I just put a peg on it but inside the rim that is still full of spaff (wiped away around the gash!) is difficult.

A bit of fumbling about and it was sorted.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Nobeer, bit of a fail given the OP himself had to rely on that flakey obsolete technology to get home. As have all the mates I’ve ridden with who’ve rolled tubeless tyres off the rim, or had punctures that didn’t seal and sprayed latex over his bike and kit.

For every flat I’ve had in the last 5 years I’ve had a tubeless riding mate suffer a mishap that took a tube to resolve.

Northwind

Worms for external, standard innertube patch for if you take the tyre off. I’m not the biggest worm fan myself but it might be user error to be fair.

rickon
    Free Member

I cut up an old tube, and then superglue it to the tyre. Trying to seal a bead hole is impossible without patching.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘How do you repair tubeless pinch flat ?’ is closed to new replies.