• This topic has 44 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by aa.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • How do you get over a really awful day at work?
  • teethgrinder

Work is ok atm. It’s the wife who’s being a ****.
    Edit: Troublegum is currently soothing me.

eggshellblonde
    Free Member

Walked out on a few shit jobs. F–k em I say life’s too short.
    Now got a job I like. Guess i’m one of the lucky ones.

When I was a kid my nan used to say “he could fall in a pile of shit and come up smelling of roses…” She was quite like sweary nan. 😕

solarpowered
    Free Member

martymac – Member
    AC/DC.
    on headphones, at full volume.
    i never fully trust anyone who doesnt like them.
    EDIT: some days iron maiden will do the trick.

+1

But generally…. I find it hard, but I think of others around me that are not as fortunate! Easy said than done though I suspect! Puts things in perspective sometimes.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I had a bad day at the office – I spent most of it sat at my desk worrying about paying an electricity bill, and fixing a potentially broken light switch in our bathroom.

One of my favourite coping mechanisms is kicking back on the couch at home and tucking into a bag of Skittles whilst solving a quick crossword puzzle.

Tomorrow I’ll go to work and probably spend most of the day incapacitated as I’ll be worrying about something equally as unimportant as that above. I look forward to days when I get to worry about work.

aa
    Free Member

without wanting to sound glib.

The bike ride home, and, the fact that worrying at home is never going to help. Separate the different parts of your life.

I’m a public servant, so i get moaned at a lot. My ‘speciality’ is school kids who have social and behavioural dificulties. I read about, and act upon, but don’t see first hand some rough shit. Recently i was involved in a case where drug riddled mum dangled baby over balcony.
    You can only do your best. Accept that you cant always produce a perfect outcome, but, be honest to yourself, your colleagues and the people you serve and do your best.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘How do you get over a really awful day at work?’ is closed to new replies.