Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • How do you deal with idiots that cut you up?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not found a solution to being cut up yet.

But have started amusing myself with the drivers that floor it though red lights.

My office is next to a big roundabout and several pedestrian crossings. You can guarantee a few (always an audi or 1 series) will fly through the lights when they have gone red. So ive just started wheeling my bike out as soon as the green man appears to a cacophony of tyre squeel and ABS. Hopefully once they’ve shit themselves they’ll stop next time.

Same with the roundabout, being on the bike you can usually get away from the lights quick enough to make the **** still coming though their lights on red reconsider next time.

tonyg2003

They have missed you. They probably don’t care or maybe didn’t even see you. Just ignore them.

Weird one today. Riding along opposite a long row of queue of cars in a jam, a knuckle dragger winds down his window and swears at us. We just burst out laughing. We weren’t even in any traffic.

belugabob
    Free Member

I’ve just thought of a tactic – get some little flags, with magnetic bases and suitably derogatory messages…

“Driving on a fake licence”
    “World’s most inconsiderate driver”

Etc.

Then pop one on their roof, when you catch them at the next lights.

(I’m sure you can be more inventive, than me)

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

aP
    Free Member

A couple of years ago we had a Twickenham gent in his people carrier decide that we shouldn’t be on the road. Gesticulating. Squeezing into us. Then some interesting driving upto the kerb repeatedly just in front of us with breaking and accelerating before driving over a drainage grill which bounced up and punctured both near side tyres. He then exited stage right. I cycled up and suggested that I’d be very happy to support his insurance claim with a detailed description of how it had happened. He was just sat there white as a sheet. Arsehole.

redmex
    Free Member

You do get some folk it may be some innocent miscalculation but many are serial offenders that think we shouldn’t be on the road and pity help the next cyclist who gets in the way of one of them after their poor dog has been traumatized . I ride a bike but wouldn’t go on a dual carriageway far too risky and then there are the riders as the sun has set with cheapest lights like a candle in the rain ‘cking idiots

dirtyboy

Jif lemon full of nitromors

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘How do you deal with idiots that cut you up?’ is closed to new replies.