Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How do I tell Google to search in another country??
  • phil5556

This seems like it should be easy, but even going to advanced search and selecting “Show results from” or using google.co.nz it still shows a lot of UK results.

It’s just for a one off search, I want to find a T Shirt in NZ for a Christmas present.

sparkerfix

Flick on a VPN?

pondo

I use Thunder VPN to pretend to be American in order to report anti-vaxx stuff as misleading on Twitter. 🙂

mjsmke

Find a shop in NZ that sells the t shirt then go to their website.

flows
    Free Member

Does item+NZ give you better results?

beanum

I use the DuckDuckGo search engine, changing location on there pretty much works…

matt_outandabout

http://www.google.co.nz

Then search t-shirts for sale “new Zealand”

The speech marks force the contained words  to have to be in the results.

munrobiker
    Free Member

If you’re trying to find it on the shopping bit of Google using a paid VPN or the free program Pshiphon are the only ways I’ve found that work. They will also work for regular searches.

rak
    Free Member

When you first go to Google add an /ncr on the end of the URL to ensure it stays on the local website

http://Www.Google.co.nz/ncr in this instance

soundb0y
    Free Member

For UK, you have to go to google.co.uk then make the search, then click tools, and select any country and change to UK. Assume would be similar for NZ

phil5556

Cheers for all the ideas, I tried most of them (apart from VPNS) and same issue.

But I finally found where to change the country in settings, after going to co.nz, and it worked straight away. T-Shirt ordered 👍

dyna-ti

Whatever you look for on google, no matter how obscure the query, google will return results showing it for sale.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How do I tell Google to search in another country??’ is closed to new replies.