Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • How do i let the air out of my tire…??!!!
  • DrP

Doh!
    Stuck one of the CRC Nukeproof rim noodle things in my rear tyre, but didn’t think to change the valve too (the Nukeproof rim noodle comes with a valve that has a ‘raised/slotted’ bit, to allow free flow of air).
    Essentially i’ve created a one way valve now!
    I can pump air into the tyre, but i guess the rim noodle sits against the valve inner, and blocks it off!

Hmm…
    options include:
    Pump up the tyre until it kaplodes
    stab tyre with sharp stick
    poke something into the valve (remove core, obvs) and hope it lifts up the noodle…

Hmmm

DrP

qwerty
    Free Member

Sounds like it’s tensioned, best decompress it pronto before it expires. IANAD

globalti
    Free Member

Is it a Presta or a Schraeder valve? Schraeder (car type) inside bit can be unscrewed with needle-nose pliers. Then prod with a small screwdriver?

mikeys

Land sideways really hard to burp the tyre and repeat😉 It would get easier to do as you dropped the pressure out!

Or

Could you actually just unscrew the valve nut and push the valve itself upwards to unseat it? You might be able to push that a bit harder than something small through the valve and it might let the pressure drop more gradually.

tomhoward

Take the valve core out, stick a small Allen key up there to dislodge the strip/noodle of required.

docrobster
    Free Member

Tire/tyre
    C’mon STW, you’re slacking…

molgrips
    Free Member

You’re a doctor, grab a hypodermic needle and use it to let air out. Sealant will fill the hole later.

DrP

Could you actually just unscrew the valve nut and push the valve itself upwards to unseat it?

That’s a good idea actually….

I hope i don’t tyre of more suggestions…

DrP

DrP

You’re a doctor, grab a hypodermic needle and use it to let air out. Sealant will fill the hole later.

Could do…
    I used to carry around a syringe filled with sealant, and a large bore needle, so that I could inject sealant into the tyre if i had a hole that lost sealant…
    Only really worked if there was naff all air pressure in the wheel, otherwise it popped the plunger out the syringe!!!

DrP

Olly
    Free Member

drill a hole in the tyre then patch it when you get it off?

tjagain

just remove the valve core and use something to push the insert away

chakaping
    Free Member

poke something into the valve (remove core, obvs) and hope it lifts up the noodle…

This, had to do it myself when being too tight to buy the Rimpact valves.

mcnultycop

I have this exact situation (On-One noodles). The allen key through the valve works to a certain extent, but it’s a slow process. Riding around with no valve core in also helped. However, I settled in to ride around on it normally until you get to the pressure you want once a bit of air escapes over time.

I don’t carry a tube or pump any more as there is no way I can get a tyre off “in the field”.

benpinnick

Push the valve down into the rim, that will let the air out pretty quick.

MrSparkle

Buy a new bike.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My ghetto version did that. Then suddenly started working again, I presume I’ll take it off at some point and the zip tie will have pulled through or something.

globalti
    Free Member

What’s the point of that insert anyway?

kayak23

What’s the point of that insert anyway?

Helps stop air escape… 😂

philjunior
    Free Member

Thirded (or more if I missed any other suggestions). If not just poke a hole in the tyre, hold it open and let it seal later with tubeless gunk, or a bigger one and seal up with a patch or anchovy after.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘How do i let the air out of my tire…??!!!’ is closed to new replies.