Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • How do I identify tripple butted P2's ?
  • woodsman
    Free Member

Looking for some tripple butted P2's for my '95 Cindercone retro bikey build, have been offered some P2's from a '96 Fire Mountain – owner not sure if tripple butted, no obvious markings saying either way. How do I identify which is which?

I don't want to be too 'anal' about it, but would be nice to have the proper forks, especially as I'll go to the bother of spraying them the correct colour.

Thanks

🙂

wwaswas

compare their weight with something on weightweenies?

iirc there is a code stamped ont he triple butted ones too but can't remember for the life of me what it is…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I think there was something like "TB" stamped on the dropouts.

IIRC, Triple Butted P2s only appeared on the Lava Dome upwards. The Fire Mountain and Hahanna had standard P2s…

Recycler
    Free Member

I have a set from my old Cindy – I got it mid 90's and was definately triple butted P2 forks in a brownish colour. The frame is light blue (had gripshifts too!). Don't know if that helps, but they are available if you want to make me an offer

woodsman
    Free Member

That does sound about right DBW – they have CM/CM and 99 stamped on them?

PS:If you're reading this 'pebble' send me a mail regarding the TB P2's you offered me, as you haven't responded to my emails. :/

woodsman
    Free Member

Recycler – same colour as mine, is it an 18", if so I'd be interested, do they come with the cable mounting arm too? Lastly where abouts are you South East by chance?

woodsman
    Free Member

I've got to head off to work now, but email me Recycler petey777@hotmail.co.uk (can't pick up STW at work)do you have the Kona rear brake lever in nice condition too?

sq225917
    Free Member

flick them: they sound different up the length.

john_l
    Free Member

triple butted ones have "TB" stamped on them, at the crown I think.

Recycler
    Free Member

Woodsman – I'm in York, but the forks are actually in Stratford upon Avon. I'll check out the TB claims from the earlier posts and let you know. I can't remember which year exactly, but had Ritchey canti brakes and it's an 18".

woodsman
    Free Member

It sounds like the exact model I have Recycler, same brakes, size and colour! As long as they're not **** and we agree a price, I'd like em.

WBC

Here's mine (excuse the saddle angle/state of garden etc)

woodsman
    Free Member

that's the one!

Recycler
    Free Member

Yes, that's definately it!

I had the forks briefly checked out, but can't see TB anywhere. I don't have the brake levels either – sorry Woodsman, swaped then when I put bombers on it and the cantis wouldn't fit. I do have the seat, seatpost and the cool cable routing collar for the rear brake cable.

I get some photos sorted tomorrow and get them emailed to you if you like.
    Cheers

coatesy
    Free Member

Probably not too helpful, but I seem to remember them having different dropouts,can't remember what the difference was though.Anybody want to post pics of their forks to confirm this?

woodsman
    Free Member

That'd be great Recycler, if you could email them over and we could discuss price then, hope it's still got the little arm/bracket attached to the crown (centre of fork) , for the cable locator – imagine it would be a nightmare trying to locate that on it's own. Anyway, that will show up on the pics.

Thanks, look forward to seeing that sometime tomorrow!

Pete

coatesy
    Free Member

We definitely had one of the brake adaptors in the shop a few months back. If you need one then e-mail me, unfortunately we're going through a workshop re-fit so it may take a while to re-locate.

Andy-R

The triple butted versions have "CM/TB" stamped on the steerer tube, about 25mm up from the crown race.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘How do I identify tripple butted P2's ?’ is closed to new replies.