Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • How do I get tickets for a Premiership footie game?
  • Leku
    Free Member

Little Leku (8) wants to go to a Premiership football game for his birthday. He quite likes Spurs, but Arsenal or Chelsea would do.

Travelling from Bristol so would need to be London or local (ish) grounds.

Any ideas? All the games I look at seem always sold out. I understand we wont get Spur vs Man U but was hoping at least one major team.

Have already taken him to a couple of Bristol City games but he wants to watch some football this time….

hammerite
    Free Member

Look on the club website and see when tickets will be sold on general release. Be on the website ready to buy when they go on general release and then job done.

If you were to choose West Ham, look for a category B game and you can get Little Leku in for £1.

BristolPablo
    Free Member

Quite a few other clubs use ticketmaster as an outlet but it really depends on the game.

I’d look at Aston Villa, you will be able to get tickets straight from the box office at the moment given their dire state of form. Its a big stadium and wont be selling out for any games in the near future. Its also pretty easy to get to from Bristol as we make the trip every now and then, funnily enough, when watching Bristol City becomes too hard to bear…. we normally get tickets in the Holte End quite easily and they are around £35. Its the home end so obvious rules apply etc etc

Sadly the London clubs are harder to get tickets for, certainly for Arsenal, I know despite the empty seats, the tickets go through various levels of members priority before they go on sale to the general public and invariably, they never get that far. I cant see you ugetting Chelsea or Spurs tickets that easily for the same reasons.

Fulham might be worth a bet but its a smaller ground so they are also quite hard to come by. Ticketmaster is worth a look sometimes as is viagogo or seetickets.

Occasionally, some games are a pay on the day for away fans but this is quite rare in the Premiership, again its worth a look.

tmb467
    Free Member

Villa is a bit closer – they play Newcastle, West Ham, Man City, QPR and Liverpool at home over the next few months

Also not doing great in terms of attendance figures…averaging 80% full so should be able to get a ticket pretty easily

johnellison
    Free Member

How do I get tickets for a Premiership footie game?

Rent yourself out as a high-class hooker to any Premiership footballer…

cb

Of course, money talks so if you want to splash out there are numerous hospitality options that are obtainable. Talking nearer 200 a head though (including IME pretty ordinary meal – did get to meet Phil Neal though, which was quite exciting for me being a Liverpool fan and very old!).

the-muffin-man

Swansea play Spurs at home on 30th March – may be worth looking into?

Mackem
    Leku
    Free Member

Ashton Villa looks like a good idea. Tickets available to Liverpool & Chelsea games.

Ta. all.

Joe

West Ham and QPR always have super super cheap tickets.

Arsenal is a shit club, and a stadium like a library. Chelsea are the BNP in disguise. Super Tottenham, super Tottenham are the obvious choice.

flatfish
    Free Member

West Brom are closer than Villa

timc
    Free Member

Villa v Man City / Liverpool / Newcastle / Chelsea all good options

binners

Ashton Villa looks like a good idea.

You’ll certainly see plenty of goals! None of which will be scored by the Villa

For tickets for bigger clubs like Man Yoo, you need to join the supporters club, then apply through them.

You will have to remortgage your house to get two tickets for a big match. For Arsenal or Chelsea, you may actually have to hand over your son to be sold into slavery

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Best bet is get a mate with a season ticket to apply for a ticket well in advance of when you need to go.

Or get on the club website and check when they go on General Sale and hope.

Jamie
    Free Member

You on twitter, OP? If so, Arsenal tickets are always available, at face value, if you follow @arsenal_tickets.

http://arsenalticketsfaq.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/faq.html?m=0

Leku
    Free Member

Just bought 2 tickets for West Brom vs Spurs. Son is happy with that.

Easy to get to from Bristol as well. Should see some goals anyway..

rudebwoy
    Free Member

hope your in the spurs section– last time i went to hawthorns with a few mates, my side scored,i celebrated as you do–next i was ejected from ground for being in the wrong place–wtf– we were supporters of bothsides going together–all seat stadia have these strange rules, and they are very anal at west brom …

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

I am a spurs clubmember and go regulalrly from Bristol.

email me if you want to borrow my membership card/number to get tickets? Its pretty much impossible to get home tickets for non-members.

theotherjonv

Not sure i’d have gone to west brom by choice – of all the grounds I’ve visited I found that and turf moor the most unpleasant, particularly leaving the away end you leave the stadium and are then right in to mixing with the home fans and barely a copper in sight. Was some time ago though and I’d hope with a lad in tow that wouldn’t be an issue, but my mate was kicked and punched from behind by some scrotes who then ran off into the crowd.

Reading would be dead close to Bristol, you’d probably need to join the membership scheme but it’s a quid iirc.

Leku
    Free Member

I am a Liverpool fan so I’m sure I’ll be able to resist the urge to cheer any Spurs goals.

LL is a fairly uncommitted Spur fan as he prefers Barca and Athletic. I’m sure well be fine. Sunday 1.30 kick-off.

Hills – I’ll remember that and may well be in touch at some point.(many thanks).

Jamie
    Free Member

Athletic

Wigan? 8)

bloodynora
    Free Member

You Bristolians ever thought of supporting your hometown club, the one that plays football where you actually live??

Leku
    Free Member

Bilbao! 😀

MrGreedy

Not sure i’d have gone to west brom by choice – of all the grounds I’ve visited I found that and turf moor the most unpleasant

Couldn’t disagree more with that, it’s one of my favourite away trips (have been the last three times Norwich have played there). I even bothered to write a review. And on a side note, that website (footballgroundguide.com) is a mine of information and should be in the bookmarks of any semi-regular away fan.

spursn17
    Free Member

Leku, your boy has made an excellent choice of EPL club.

Teach him this Danny Blanchflower quote……

“The great fallacy is that the game is first and foremost about winning. It’s nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It’s about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.”

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘How do I get tickets for a Premiership footie game?’ is closed to new replies.