Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How do I fix this?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Exposure Enduro light, I must have over tightened it and the triangle shaped but that clips into the bracket isn’t solid as the screw just turns and won’t fasten tight resulting on the light moving around. It was held firm with superglue and thread lock but fell off last night and now it has play again. I really need to attach the triangle bit permanently but I don’t know a welder and I doubt it could be welded anyway due to the material being very lightweight alloy.

How can I sort this?

Shorty12
    Free Member

Can you try a different type of expoxy?

ton

araldite epoxy stuff

passtherizla
    Free Member

you can buy special epoxy made for specifically gluing metals.

OCB
    Free Member

If there’s enough room (to not hit anything critical) I’d cut new threads and just use a fatter diameter bolt (i.e. to match the new threading).

Just check the bolt first in case it’s got some weirdly specific head profile, but from the pics it looks like a normal countersunk hex bolt, so you’ll source a replacement anywhere …

monkeychild
    Free Member

araldite epoxy stuff

Proper araldite is like liquid metal.

imp999
    Free Member

Can you get a nut on the inside of the lamp body?
    You might need to shape it to the curvature of the inside of the body & take the top off the nut to avoid a clash with the innereds.
    If you go the glue route then I recommend liquid metal. Had some success with that.

Good luck.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Helicoil?

loddrik
    Free Member

I’m totally shite at anything ‘handy’ so it’d be better me looking at this araldite stuff. Anyone point me in the right direction…?

peds223
    Free Member

What about Brazing it,different than welding it but solid just the same.Your local BS should be able to do it.

posiwev
    Free Member

Retap to the next thread size up M6 or M8?
    Nut in the light?
    Rivinut?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

pop it together in it’s ‘fragile’ state and pop a large rubber O-ring over the front, under the bars and over the back

Northwind

An almost-like-new fix is very simple for anyone above averagely handy- drill new hole slightly further forward, tap that for the bolt. But a good epoxy will probably do it too (and also, shouldn’t stop you from trying something else later)

fivespot
    Free Member

loddrik if you in N. Wales/Chester area in the next couple of days, I could tap out/fit bigger bolt or helicoil if I have one to fit. I am in Mold 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How do I fix this?’ is closed to new replies.