• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by cp.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How do I add a CAD drawing into a word document? Please help!!!
  • 2hottie
    Free Member

As in the title really. I'd like to add this now so it can be in the table of figures. Instead of printing out on it's own.

Cheers

Scott

can you export your drawing as a .jpg file and add it in under the insert option?

ahwiles
    Free Member

press the 'print screen button' then paste into paint (control+V). save it as a jpg or Png, then insert a picture into your word document, select the file. JD.

i have exported the CAD file as a windows metafile, and had some success, but it can get a bit fiddly.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chameleon78
    Free Member

easiest way I can think is to convert CAD dwg to a PDF then open PDF and take a snapshot. Paste into word.

or just convert your word doc into a .pdf and add in the extra page of the drawing?

2hottie
    Free Member

Man this is hard work lol !! I'll keep going thanks for the advice..

Scott

Zedsdead
    Free Member

You can go to File and then Export to a .bmp

Or as has been suggested above.

freddyg
    Free Member

What software did you use to create the CAD drawing?

If it's a windows package can't you just ctrl-a, ctrl-c, switch to word and ctrl-v?

aP
    Free Member

Print to PDF, use the snapshot tool, zoom in a couple of times before right-clocking and resampling the image before ctrl v into your word doc. If you sample a PDF you get it at your screen resolution which can be very fuzzed so you need to balance document size against readability. I tend to insert images into a table cell as it stops tedious image wander.
    I've produced a bunch of reports using this method which on the whole has worked out pretty well and reduces the need for time consuming image manipulation.

2hottie
    Free Member

cheers again guys for the help, used the copy into paint option and it works ok.

mjb

If it's a DWG/DXF file just go 'Insert – Object' or if you're using Autocad go to the Edit menu and click 'Copy Link' and then paste it in your Word document. After doing either of those click on the drawing in the word document and press CTRL+SHIFT+F9 and Word will convert it into a picture.

edsbike
    Free Member

When I've needed to do this I've used Photoview 360, which comes with Solidworks to create a rendering of the model. You can save the render as any type of picture file you like.
    I'm pretty sure there is a similar package for Auto cad/desk but can't remember what it's called.
    If you like you can send me the parts/assemblies and I'll render them for you.

turboferret

I use a great little bit of software called Better WMF where you can copy and past directly from AutoCAD to word, and it'll automatically rotate, change colours/line weights etc as required.

Feel free to email me a drawing if you would like me to do any quick copying for you.

Cheers, Rich

cp

Edsbike- just use the save as jpeg option in solidworks- in options you get full control over image size in 2010, or prev versions did it atscreen resolution which is actually fine for inserting images into docs. Or you can just save as PDF and insert that. If it's the drawing rather than the model, you can also just save as a PDF or dxf/dag and insert either into word as native files.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How do I add a CAD drawing into a word document? Please help!!!’ is closed to new replies.