Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How do Amazon returns work (for faulty goods)?
  • bob_summers

I don’t use them myself but OH bought a Moto G phone from them, and the volume rocker packed in about 3 weeks later. Submitted a ticket for a faulty/exchange yesterday and they have already despatched the replacement and asked for the faulty one back within a month.

So can I take it that they have accepted it as a warranty replacement? ie they aren’t going to open up the faulty one and say it was wet/dropped (it wasn’t)?

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’ve exchanged a couple of things with no problems. I think it’s very unlikely that they have an army of people to forensically examine the tonnes of stuff they get returned.

winston_dog
    Free Member

I have returned I few things to them over the years and have never had any problems whatsoever.

Had a Sony Blu Ray that developed an intermittent buzzing noise now and then, sent that back cash refund no problem.

bob_summers

I wonder if the problem is a known fault with that model, hence no questions asked?

Just wondering what would happen if they later say it was dropped, and invoice us for the replacement item accordingly.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I wonder if the problem is a known fault with that model, hence no questions asked?

No, it’s just their business model. You’ll soon realise what a great zero-hassle returns policy they have and they’ll be your first choice for online purchases.

mogrim

Amazon’s customer service is great, no hassle, and one of the main reasons I keep shopping with them – I’ve had them replace lost parcels with no questions asked, and a book I ordered was misprinted and they just sent me another and told me to chuck the original.

Kuco

I had a Sony camera that went wrong within 2 weeks of the warranty running out and just asked do I send it to them or Sony. Was told to send it to them and they give me a refund. A couple of weeks went by no refund so emailed them, was sent an apology email within 10 minutes and next day a full refund and an extra £10 for my inconvenience.

bob_summers

OK cheers for the replies. Must admit I’m a bit of a luddite with online shopping, whereas OH thinks nowt of ordering clothes, trying them on and then sending them straight back half way around the world…

roach

Yep must concur, pretty awesome.

By the time I’d got around to playing some vinyl I ordered from them, I’d noticed a pressing fault that caused the record to skip. This was outside the normal returns period so contacted their online chat CS and they said no problem send it back and had a refund.

Also, sent some headphones back that developed a rattle and they refunded me before they even received them back!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How do Amazon returns work (for faulty goods)?’ is closed to new replies.