Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How do 5:10 impacts size up?
  • fourfivesixfiftyb
    Free Member

usually a 9.5-10 in trainers
    how do these size up width wise too?

robertpb
    Free Member

For the winter my old 5:10’s impacts are a whole size bigger so I can get some decent socks on. My freerider pro’s are eights, which is my shoe size, they are only big enough for thin socks. All my Clarkes shoes I have are eights and have plenty of room for thick socks and more, so I would say that 5:10’s come up a bit narrow and short, plus unlike most other shoes and boots they don’t stretch with wear.

rossburton
    Free Member

I usually go up half a size with FiveTens (or as robertpb said, a whole size for winter-only shoes).

mudfish

There a new impact version (the “proper” one that looks like the old “Florence Magic Roundabout” shoe) if it’s that one they come up small.
    bargain here: https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15924386/five-ten-men-s-impact-low-mountain-biking-shoes-sizes-7-12-15924386
    Updated version is not quite as nice as the “old” ones, less lorica? “leather” more fabric and lace holes rather than loops, work well though, I had to go up a size. They do look open up though with use, maybe I shouldn’t have.
    Nice and wide which is why I like em. The “Adidas” generation of five tens are a bit narrow for my spade feet.
    I was thinking about 510s today, such a shame the VXi with flat sole (untreated area) has apparently gone. Those fitted me OK too and were “real size”.

transporter13
    Free Member

Had a pair of impact vxi which were horrid.. Too narrow and too small (size 9)
    Always used shimano before in size 9 with no issue.
    Tried a pair of cheap freerider off crc the other week size 9 and they’re fine so make of that what you will🤷‍♂️

Speeder

They’ve got smaller than used to be. I’d say if it’s a new pair buy ip 1/2 to a full size over what you know. (treat them like adidas)

tdog
    Free Member

Tight on width due to lace brace design.

Liked em but had to return

jamesco

Yup, wish I’d gone up half a size , still breaking a pair in, comfy but not laced up tight.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How do 5:10 impacts size up?’ is closed to new replies.