Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • How did your three peaks go?
  • Edric64
    Free Member

10 minutes slower this year for me but 3 minutes quicker PYG to the finish

sambob
    Free Member

My dad came 390th 🙂 lost 60 places with a puncture though…..

Edric64
    Free Member

I did 5.37 this year so he was well ahead of me,but age is on his side I see as I am a vet.

sambob
    Free Member

actually 389th 🙂

Edric64
    Free Member

Well now thats worse because he is older than me and beat me!!

sambob
    Free Member

ahh well, there’s always next year 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

Missed sub 4 hours by 4 minutes.Cried on the run in to the finish cos my (post operative) knee hurt so much.Pretty good I s’pose.

MrSparkle

I am getting slower each time I do it but I am quite happy with 4:22.
    The main things are:
    1. I finished
    2. I finished intact
    3. The bike finished intact

aP
    Free Member

Edric – you followed me in 🙂

paul4stones

Mr Sparkle came flying past me on the way to PyG being towed by a couple of roadies at high speed! I finished 8 mins slower than last year losing 4 mins on each of the last two climbs. Cramp and a rocky face plant slowed me down! Enjoyed the views though 🙂

Edric64
    Free Member

aP I could see you at one point but didn’t have any legs left to bridge the gap .I caught two others on the road and had my best PYG descent ever !will you be back next year? and did you enjoy it?

aP
    Free Member

Hehe. I blew really badly on the road between Cold Cotes and Capel le Dale and it took me ages to recover until the descent off Whernside. It took me about a day before starting to think about next year! Hopefully I won’t be on antibiotics then.
    Got the Central league to do now, the aim will be to get some speed and strength for next year – I’d like to be around 5 hours or less next time.

Edric64
    Free Member

My aim is to crack 5 hours it was wetter this year under wheel than last year but I was still hoping to get near 5 hours never mind next year I hope to crack it!

aP
    Free Member

The race is on!

dustdevil
    Free Member

No punctures this year but 2 mins 26 sec slower(4 hr 19min 58 sec in the eand).Too much walking.Proper training next year.Got to break the 4 hour mark.Such a tough event.I’m still having trouble walking even now!

konage
    Free Member

Went well for my first attempt, no punctures , 3 over the bars crashes but was lucky no damage to me or bike just a few grazes, did it in 4 hrs 58 mins 06 secs in the end , well pleased to get under 5 hrs already planning next years attempt.

Sancho
    Free Member

I found it really hard, I had to get round and support nine riders.
    Saying that my Yamaha helped enormously.
    Even helped a few non team members.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘How did your three peaks go?’ is closed to new replies.