Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • How deep is your rub?
  • mtbfix

Further to my moan yesterday about the difficulty sourcing brake hose I took the worn hose off only to find a deep rub in the down tube. Hose guide has been worn through and an inch or so if paint and metal has slowly been scoured away from the tube. The question is – how deep is too deep?

scotroutes

No, How Deep is Your Love?

Difficult to say. I’ve seen some pretty deep rubs on lightweight alloy frames that have carried on for years.

jamj1974

Ouch Op!

joat

My old Trance has a rub so deep, it’s nearly internally routed. I forget about it when riding though.

bensales
    Free Member

I was very miffed after my first ride on the Epic to find a bad rub on the RS-1 fork. Thankfully it’s only gone through the cosmetic layer and not into the structural, so it’s being taped up, ignored, and the hose rerouted.

mtbfix

My old Trance has a rub so deep, it’s nearly internally routed. I forget about it when riding though

I’d normally do the same but the missus is aware of the issue and trusted lbs bloke gave an opinion of ‘on your own head be it’. A problem shared is a problem doubled, it would appear.

Northwind

My SX trail had the cables under the BB- they’d cut deeper than the thickness of the cable, so they were nicely flush. Luckily there was about a foot of metal in that bit so it didn’t cause any actual harm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How deep is your rub?’ is closed to new replies.