Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • How could I 'ramp' this curb?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Bunnyhop signs

RoganJosh
    Free Member

It’s all good and well saying MTFU etc but riders would definitely, and rightly kick up a fuss about having to bunny hop a kerb every lap in a bunch, definitely not safe, especially if there is youth and chipper races as mentioned above.

Awaits abuse from all the mtb’ers that ride their boardman road bikes every Saturday with mtb pedals and camelbaks, you try hopping that, on a corner, at 28mph, in a bunch, chewing the stem, when you have been for the last 55 mins.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ok I am far from a rad cyclist, but is this real or a wind up? Would anyone really have a problem with that – heaven help them is there is a tree root anywhere.

Seriously, would you notice that at any speed? Bunnyhop? Tyres would just roll over that wouldn’t they?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’m a road rider and have raced crits and would have no issue riding over that at 30mph. You wouldnt even need to bunny hop it, unless it really is an awful lot bigger than it looks. Road bikers are essentially 29’ers after all 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Exactly, I wish Surrey roads were that flat!!!!

RoganJosh
    Free Member

To be fair roads in Belgium have one of those every 5 meters, with a trough, but whether or not people do think they could ride it, and yes I would go as far as saying EVERYONE here could ride over that, if the op was to organise a crit for all abilities, then no doubt about it, in one race, there WOULD be a crash, and it’s not worth the dramas!

GoatKarma
    Free Member

Thanks guys for the advice.. it’s on a turn so definitely needs to be ramped for H&S (and to pass the risk assessment!). Two options most commonly suggested by people are:

1.Large sheet of wood going right over the kerb and over the other side (creating a ‘curve’ up and down), painted with grippy paint (not sure what exactly though..is there a product, or do I just mix sand and paint?), then nailgunned into the tarmac. Removal via crowbar

2.QUick dry cement made on lining paper, made into a small ramp a few hours before.

Both have their positives/negatives. Just need to test both I guess! At least I could re-use the wood the following year, and prepare it in advance.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘How could I 'ramp' this curb?’ is closed to new replies.