• This topic has 876 replies, 94 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 877 total)
  • How come UN resolutions and the Geneva Convention don't apply to Israel?
  • ninfan
    Free Member

Oh, look, binners edited his post without writing ‘edit’ – maybe I should have a man period about it like you did Ernie?

Israel’s continued inhumanity in keeping a civilian population living like dogs, that has brought about an inevitable backlash

Maybe if they stopped trying to kill Israeli’s, and their elected representatives weren’t charter bound to the continuation of the Jihad (‘There is no solution to the Palestinian problem except by Jihad’ – oh, sorry, apparently thats piece of history and no longer relevant, but cannot be changed for internal reasons) Then things would get better for them?

I mean, after all, once upon a time Israel was at war with its neighbours, (eg. Egypt, Jordan) who were at committed to its destruction as a state, but somehow managed to come to peaceful agreements with them?

Edit:

Here’s another Jewish journalist

You still don’t get this ‘freedom of the press’ concept do you Ernie? Typical Leftie!

However, for what its worth his criticism seems to be that the Israeli’s didn’t accept that the victims were dead on the basis of a phone call (which could have been faked), but only after they had found the bodies, seems perfectly reasonable when you look at it that way, non?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

maybe I should have a man period about it like you did Ernie?

You just can’t help yourself can you.

Here’s another Jewish journalist

You still don’t get this ‘freedom of the press’ concept do you Ernie?

I’m sorry, you think I’m suggesting that the article in the Jewish newspaper is a bad thing ? ! 😆

crankboy
    Free Member

Jordan and Egypt were and are really well armed nation states with superpower supporters and 1st world military tec . Perhaps if someone were to upgrade Hamas capabilities Israel would look harder to solve the problem.

gonzy
    Free Member

Once the boys’ disappearance was known, troops began a massive, 18-day search-and-rescue operation, entering thousands of homes, arresting and interrogating hundreds of individuals, racing against the clock. Only on July 1, after the boys’ bodies were found, did the truth come out: The government had known almost from the beginning that the boys were dead. It maintained the fiction that it hoped to find them alive as a pretext to dismantle Hamas’ West Bank operations.

So the world was deliberately misinformed concerning the murder of the 3 teenagers as they wanted to use it as an excuse to round up hundreds of Palestinians.

The article also states :

Nor was that the only fib. It was clear from the beginning that the kidnappers weren’t acting on orders from Hamas leadership in Gaza or Damascus.

So the whole tragic event has been manipulated by the Israeli government purely to attack Hamas. The reason for the Israeli government’s interest in targeting Hamas appears to be its recent rapprochement with the Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas, something which received a positive response from the US and the EU. All this is designed to isolate Hamas and make any peaceful progress impossible.

i always believed that to be the case right from the beginning…hence what i said 1 week ago

i’ve always believed that this was a false flag right from the very beginning, and was designed by the israeli government as an excuse to attack the palestinian government.

i still stand by this claim that this all started from a deliberate false flag event…

ninfan
    Free Member

Jordan and Egypt were and are really well armed nation states with superpower supporters and 1st world military tec . Perhaps if someone were to upgrade Hamas capabilities Israel would look harder to solve the problem.

Its an interesting point Crankboy – however has to be seen in the light of what happened when the Arab nations actually went down that road with the PLO/Fateh, resulting in the failed seven point agreement and ultimately leading into Black September.

gonzy
    Free Member

i very much doubt you will see any help from any of the neighbouring arab countries…the Egyptian are weak as are the Jordanians.
    the Zionist propaganda machine spreads beyond Palestine and is used very effectively to create problems in each of the neighbouring countries as a form of distraction.
    as for those a bit further out i.e. the Saudis, they are even worse…they are drunk on power and riches and as a result are too busy living the good life like the blatant hypocrites that they are.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Perhaps if someone were to upgrade Hamas capabilities Israel would look harder to solve the problem.

I don’t think there is much doubt that if Palestinians had the capability to kill hundreds of Israelis, as Israel periodically kills hundreds of Palestinians, Israel would be far more reluctant to carry out their regular turkey shoots in Gaza.

Everyone knows, but no one says it, that the Palestinians big problem is that they don’t kill enough Israelis. Their inability to do so costs them dearly.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the Saudis, they are even worse…they are drunk on power and riches and as a result are too busy living the good life like the blatant hypocrites that they are.

My sister who once had extensive dealings with the Saudi royal family used the recall their deep hatred of Palestinians. I’m sure they they would much rather that the Palestinians just crawled away somewhere and quietly died rather than upset things in the Middle East with their demands for justice.

It was the US civil rights campaigner, Jesse Jackson, who once returning from Palestine famously described the Palestinians as “the **** of the Middle-East”.

Which reminds me of this :

gonzy
    Free Member

the Saudis are a contemptible bunch. they look down their noses at most people and especially non-arab muslims.
    this has got a lot to do with their control of the oil supplies giving them an elevated position on power and control. as the vast majority of the west relies on their oil supplies they are very much pandered to by the west which only further inflates their egos and feeling of self importance.
    add this to the wealth they have accumulated over the years in trading oil they really do think they are a cut above the rest of the muslim and non-muslim world.
    their arrogance is on a par with that of many zionist israelis

kimbers

those israelis have managed to get another 3 evil palestinians

warning, very graphic

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And to lighten up the mood a little here is another one of my favourite American Jews, Jon Stewart, very forcefully driving home to people, quickly and easily, the plight of the Palestinians in the current situation using humour in a way that only he can.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmPJb6Mcu6g[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

You still don’t get this ‘freedom of the press’ concept do you Ernie? Typical Leftie!

What a strange comment to write when you wrongly attacked him

You managed it yesterday so why not today?

Is your hatred so strong you think this saves face?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

footflaps – Member

A large number of US senate seats rest on the Jewish vote, hence Israel has carte blanche to do as it likes…..

This, basically.

thejesmonddingo

Having just read this thread all the way through,I have to congratulate ninfan on his approach to the discussion.His ability to maintain a campaign of innuendo(Ken re ernie),changing the subject of the argument when it’s not going his way(almost every post),and sheer petulance in the face of reason,defeats even my 11 year-old daughters best attempts.I have suggested to her that she reads the whole thread before starting the next argument,it may save us both a lot of time.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The role of the Jewish vote in US elections is greatly exaggerated imo.

Most American Jews are far more liberal and left-wing than the general population. I can’t imagine that the US government giving a carte blanche to the very right-wing Zionists in Israel particularly appeals to them, or that they would necessarily back US politicians with that agenda.

Why Jewish Americans vote Democratic

49% of Jewish adults identify as liberal, compared with just 19% who say they are conservative. That’s nearly a mirror-opposite of the general public

72% of Jews say Muslims in America are discriminated against, versus just 47% of the public at large who say that.

only 43% of Jews believe that caring about Israel is an essential part of being Jewish.

Furthermore the Jewish population in the US is actually quite small, about 98% of the Americans aren’t Jewish, add to that the fact that there are 2.6 million Muslims in the US and you start getting the feeling that the Jewish vote doesn’t quite swing elections in the way some think it does. It’s just a small rather stable vote.

IMO US government support for Israel has more to do with geopolitics than the Jewish vote/lobby. People forget that the US hasn’t always been Israel’s closet ally, up until the late 1960’s France was Israel’s main arms supplier and had much closer political ties with it than the US.

In those days Texan oil provided much of the US’s oil needs and the Middle East wasn’t quite as important in that respect. The US actually sometimes took a pretty hostile attitude towards Israel as happened over Suez.

Things changed as France’s ending of its colonial wars meant it shared less of a common enemy with Israel with regards to Arab nationalism, and Israel lurched more to the right with expansionist policies, and the US gradually saw its all important “vital US interests” develop in the region.

The US needs a strong dependable ally in a volatile region where God buried the United States’s oil. It has that in the form of the world’s fourth military power Israel. And that imo lies at the heart of the US’s support for Israel, not the Jewish vote.

Although the heavy financial price that the US pays for its client state, and what it gets back in return, far from guarantees that benefits won’t be reassessed and reevaluated in the future. As US global influence slowly wanes, as does its share of the world’s wealth, I think that’s more than likely.

Bazz

Genuine question ninfan/Z-11, are you really that nasty or just an un-relenting internet troll?

finishthat
    Free Member

And as predicted – whilst powers are distracted by the airline incident the ground offensive starts..

Lifer
    Free Member

Sounds pretty empty but hoping that casualties and deaths on both sides are a minimum, and the people of Gaza are able to get supplies they need.

Wish in one hand, shit in the other.

binners
    gonzy
    Free Member

warning, very graphic

no Kimbers…this is what you call graphic

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71R9jW6oR8[/video]

i’d like to see the pro-Zionists defend Israel on this…

Northwind

gonzy – Member

It is all Hamas’s fault. And the victims, for being near to/related to/in the same postcode as someone who might be in Hamas. Dur.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

To be fair the pro-Zionists have pretty much given up trying to defend Israel. And you can’t really blame them.

gonzy
    Free Member

i’d like to see the pro-Zionists defend condemn Israel on this…

FTFM…

azku
    Free Member

Israel doesn’t need defending. It’s been doing a pretty good job defending itself for the past 60 years despite the entire Arab world want to destroy it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Israel doesn’t need defending. It’s been doing a pretty good job defending itself for the past 60 years despite the entire Arab world want to destroy it.

It’s hard to believe that anyone could be daft enough not to understand that gonzy was referring to defending Israel’s behaviour.

But anyway, would you like to have a go at defending Israel’s behaviour and attack on Gaza azku ? Do you think you could ?

And btw on the point you raised if that was true Israel wouldn’t need US taxpayers to pay for 25% of its huge defence budget, that’s over $3 billion in military each year. If they didn’t really need any outside help then US taxpayers must be in for a really big rebate.

gonzy
    Free Member

Azku – you must be either incredibly blind or stupid to believe that Israel is the victim in all of this…or you need to go sit under a bridge and wait for 3 goats to appear

jambalaya
    Free Member

I see not much has changed here in the past 20 pages, anyone posting an opinion or argument contrary to or trying to balance the debate is shouted down with abuse. Think about it, that’s why there is no discussion or debate or balance.

I strongly believe STW should ban all these political threads.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I strongly believe STW should ban all these political threads comments that I don’t agree with.

FTFY.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I said all, I meant all.

jambalaya
    Free Member

From the Guardian this morning. Israel may be hated by many but Hamas is unpopular and deeply mistrusted innthe Arab world. There is a reason why Egypt closed its border with Gaza.

Harriet Sherwood in Jerusalem, and Patrick Kingsley in Cairo
    The Guardian, Friday 18 July 2014 19.15 BST

The Arab League has backed Egypt’s call for a quick ceasefire for several days, while Egypt’s foreign minister issued an unusually harsh criticism of Hamas’s stance, even as Israeli troops crossed the border into Gaza.

Sameh Shoukry told Egypt’s state-run news agency: “If Hamas had accepted the Egyptian proposal, it could save the lives of at least 40 Palestinians” – a statement that reveals in stark terms how entrenched Egypt’s opposition to Hamas has become.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

From the Guardian this morning.

Why are you posting on a “political thread” one hour after saying :

“I strongly believe STW should ban all these political threads.”

It would appear that wanmankylung was spot on with his comment.

ninfan
    Free Member

Some interesting stuff from Egyptian TV

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VtENBF_yjo#t=17[/video]

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m not sure why anything on Egyptian TV would be “interesting”. The Egyptian leader seized power in a coup and oversaw the killings of thousands of the overthrown president’s supporters, mass arrests, bizarre show trials in which literally hundreds have received the death sentence, the arrests and handing down of long prison sentences to foreign journalists for “reporting false news”, and staged a sham election where the only other candidate apart from himself received 3% of the vote while he received a predictable 97% of the vote.

Egypt is under the control of a very nasty regime which rules through fear and repression of journalists. And which unsurprising Tony Blair fully supports and advises (Tony Blair’s commitment to democracy in the Middle East doesn’t go as far as letting people elect whoever they want) Egyptian TV operates under this climate of fear and repression.

The tyrannical Egyptian military has long appeased their Western backers by ruthless suppressing the Palestinians and helping to maintain the brutal blockade on Gaza by sealing the border with Egypt.

Anything on Egyptian TV should be seen in that context. Which makes it pretty worthless.

just5minutes
    Free Member
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Understanding What Hamas Wants

Also another important consideration would be “Understanding What Jeffrey Goldberg Wants”.

Jeffrey Goldberg, the author of the article, is a former Israeli soldier, a committed Zionist, and an outspoken American hawk. He has, among other things, argued in favour of attacking Iran and was extremely supportive of the disastrous Iraq War, repeating the absurd neo-con claim that Saddam Hussein had links with Al-Qaeda, when of course the two were sworn enemies and it was only after Saddam Hussein had been removed from power by the West that Al-Qaeda were able to move into Iraq.

It’s always useful to research the background of the author when judging the likely bias and quality of an analysis. Poor previous analyses like the one he made concerning Iraq do Jeffrey Goldberg, a man with an obvious agenda, no favours.

stoffel
    Free Member

This thread is spookily like the current conflict; anything thrown up by the pro-Isral/Zionists is immediately and effectively shot down by the ‘Iron Dome’ thrown up by Ernie Lynch and thers. I’m surprised, therefore, that those on the side taking such a battering, can’t empathise with others, and think more deeply about their own voews.

ninfan
    Free Member

Possibly Stoffel

Though I notice that in light of recent events in the Ukraine, Ernie seems to have gone quiet about his ‘give the rebels better weapons’ peace strategy…

stoffel
    Free Member

Maybe he just can’t be bothered getting into pointless arguments with you abbout totally unrelated and unconnected events. 🙄

Torminalis
    Free Member

To be fair the pro-Zionists have pretty much given up trying to defend Israel. And you can’t really blame them.

Maybe that is why they are doing this…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Kimbers with regards to your earlier post :

has this been done yet?

Allan Sørensen @allansorensen72

Sderot cinema. Israelis bringing chairs 2 hilltop in sderot 2 watch latest from Gaza. Clapping when blasts are heard.
    8:26 PM – 9 Jul 2014

The disgust that this caused a CNN reporter resulted in her to being removed from reporting the conflict :

CNN Removes Reporter Diana Magnay From Israel-Gaza After ‘Scum’ Tweet

CNN has removed correspondent Diana Magnay from covering the Israeli-Palestinian conflict after she tweeted that Israelis who were cheering the bombing of Gaza, and who had allegedly threatened her, were “scum.”

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 877 total)

The topic ‘How come UN resolutions and the Geneva Convention don't apply to Israel?’ is closed to new replies.