Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • How close to an end of a rainbow have you been?
  • Hohum
    Free Member

The weather has been quite showery up here for the last week and today the showers came in the afternoon and early evening.

I went out for a ride about 7pm and I caught the edge of a shower as it was it was travelling in an ESE direction.

I carried on cycling for a couple more minutes and out of my left eye I caught something quite bright and unsurprisingly it was a rainbow, but what was surprising was how close it was to me. I could see the right hand end of the rainbow and it was probably about 200 metres away from me, maybe less and it ended in the river.

I laughed to myself thinking about the wee leprechaun and the pot of gold 😆

Kevevs
    Free Member

what a lovely experience 🙂

I thought it was gonna be some sort of rubbish analogy/euphemism!

Keva
    Free Member

I’ve been in the rainbow 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

They’re not real!!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You buy a Euro Millions ticket tonight?

johnners
    Free Member

It’s an optical effect which depends on your view point. You will always be equidistant from the ends and could never get to them.

Unless you believe in directional speaker cables, in which case you might be in with a shout.

Kevevs
    Free Member

sorry[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Hohum
    Free Member

It was closer than that Kevevs.

I really wish I had a decent camera with me as it was quite a beautiful sight as I could see the secondary rainbow and then 2 or 3 faint repeats of the main rainbow coming off it.

Nature is a beautiful thing 🙂

Rich
    Free Member

I have driven through the end of one.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ho Hum – I hope you held it together better than the guy in the vid. He should be put down.

allthegear
    Free Member

I did a skydive last Summer where we dropped through a small cloud. As we approached it, a rainbow formed a complete circle around us and we dropped straight through the middle. It was amazing and I’ve kicked myself ever since for not taking a head-camera…

Rachel

Pook

we saw a cracker t’other day that slowly moved away from us – I’ve got a video somewhere of it

Xylene
    Free Member

I once took too much 2-CB and saw rainbows coming out of everything, great big laser like rainbows emitting from pretty much everything around me. Friends talking to me and rainbows coming out of their eyes and mouths. Freaked me out a bit it did. It’s quite hard to order a drink at a bar when the barman has rainbows coming out of him, the beer taps are spitting rainbows everywhere and everywhere you look raindbows are being emitted.

molgrips
    Free Member

I saw one end in a field about 50m away from me once, I think I was cycling at the time. It was in a clear field with short grazed grass, and the thing petered out about a foot above the grass but the spot where it would’ve ended was in clear unobstructed view.

There was no pot of gold visible.

yossarian
    Free Member

I once took too much 2-CB and saw rainbows coming out of everything, great big laser like rainbows emitting from pretty much everything around me. Friends talking to me and rainbows coming out of their eyes and mouths. Freaked me out a bit it did. It’s quite hard to order a drink at a bar when the barman has rainbows coming out of him, the beer taps are spitting rainbows everywhere and everywhere you look raindbows are being emitted.

Did you order a pint of rainbow? Pretty straightforward I’d say. Wait til people start melting or worse still floating away and all you can do is speak in tongues and cry.

Quite a good night that was.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘How close to an end of a rainbow have you been?’ is closed to new replies.