Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • How can you help MTB in the south? (QECP content)
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Hi Guys
    Over the last 20 years hampshire county council (HCC) have invested no money in the trail network at QECP.

3 years ago we (QECP Trail Collective) started up to try and improve the trails, by riders for riders. There is a real buzz round the park these days with all the improvements.

So how can you help? The HCC have put out a survey to ask users what improvements they would like to see at QECP. Any invesments from the HCC would really help. Pumptrack, skills area, bike wash etc…

If you have every ridden at QECP please fill out the survey.
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QECP

akak
    Free Member

Done. One of the stranger questions is what the date is…I had to guess.

tor5
    Free Member

Done

Simwit

Done

SoWhat
    Free Member

Done

Yak

Cheers Scott. Survey done.

tallie
    Free Member

Scott, done and thanks for all the great work at QECP.

bigperm
    Free Member

Done

DT78
    Free Member

Done

I don’t get to ride there more than a couple of times a year, wish it were more. You guys have massively improved the trails. Keep up the good work.

Now, if you could come work your magic closer to Southampton that would be even better….

hammyuk
    Free Member

Done

Lummox

Done, and kudos to the qecp collective for all their work

deadkenny
    Free Member

Done.

More trail variety basically would be my vote, more of the red stuff (and some black maybe). If you’re coming from further away it’s an hour or so of mostly climb and an over too quick descent, but that’s it. Need enough to make it a day out. Though it’s good spin for locals or in passing. Except in the wet of course, but don’t think much can be done about the clay 😀

Admitted I’ve not checked in on the ongoing developments by the Collective in a year or more so not sure if it’s achieved these kinds of improvements, but more of it basically is needed 😀

Full cred to the Collective for their efforts regardless.

scottfitz
    Free Member

deadkenny – Member
    Done.

More trail variety basically would be my vote, more of the red stuff (and some black maybe). If you’re coming from further away it’s an hour or so of mostly climb and an over too quick descent, but that’s it. Need enough to make it a day out. Though it’s good spin for locals or in passing. Except in the wet of course, but don’t think much can be done about the clay

Admitted I’ve not checked in on the ongoing developments by the Collective in a year or more so not sure if it’s achieved these kinds of improvements, but more of it basically is needed

Full cred to the Collective for their efforts regardless.

100% agree, also here is a recent trail update on where we are at and where we are going:

http://www.qecptrailcollective.co.uk/2014/10/qecp-trail-update/

eranu
    Free Member

Except in the wet of course, but don’t think much can be done about the clay

We have started armouring the worst parts of the red trail, but it’s a balancing act between keeping the natural feel of the trails and making them into motorways. I think we’ve been successful so far but time will tell. The newer parts we built drain pretty well anyway and the new bits we have planned will remove the evil unrewarding bog that is the A3 section.

Dig weekend this weekend btw all welcome. 10AM at the centre.

phil40
    Free Member

Done, love riding the trails, I see them as a progression from Swinley with a different riding style required!

DT78
    Free Member

Well, if we are posting the feedback on here too…

The main improvement for me would be better signage for walkers to point out the dangers of walking up the red descent, in particular not have small children and dogs scattered about moving in random manners.

Its not a regular thing but it happened to me twice and given the size of the area and number of paths there is no need for the trail to be shared so I think its and education thing.

Oh and somehow stop me slashing a tyre virtually every time I go there….its getting expensive!

scottfitz
    Free Member

The main improvement for me would be better signage for walkers to point out the dangers of walking up the red descent, in particular not have small children and dogs scattered about moving in random manners.

Dogs is that all, a coulpe of year back i had a horse coming up the final descent!!

lucien

Done, didn’t realise the council were so behind the times with infrastructure and that…. 🙄

moff

Done, keep meaning to come and help dig, but you alway’s pick the wrong weekends!

Done keep up the good work

garage-dweller

Done although not been up for a while with the bike.

scottfitz
    Free Member

moff – Member
    Done, keep meaning to come and help dig, but you alway’s pick the wrong weekends!

Every 4 weeks 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

Done

scottfitz
    Free Member

Bump for anyone that missed last week

deviant
    Free Member

Done.

As others have said, i’d love to see more DH stuff, given the hill QECP sits on it seems a crime not to have a dedicated DH trail or two somewhere out of the way.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘How can you help MTB in the south? (QECP content)’ is closed to new replies.