Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How busy is Swinley likely to be tomorrow?
  • MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I’ve got to go up around London for work tomorrow and I’ll be passing near Swinley on the way home, having never been before I thought I’d take the bike and pop in for a couple hours on the way back.

Just realised it’s school holidays though so is worth going or giving it a miss?

Trimix
    Free Member

Like all trail centres, the car park will be rammed but 10 yards down the trail you will be on your own.

I was there last weekend, must have passed 3 riders on my way round the red. Several at trail crossings having a chat, but in no way was it busy.

There is also miles and miles of non marked trails you can explore all on your own.

cokie

As Trimix said, Swinley car park is always packed but the trails are empty.
    Can’t work out where they all go.

rhayter

I was there on Sunday, too. It was busy, but a lot of people go there to walk/run/climb-stuff-at Go Ape. Hence the car park being rammed. I encountered quite a few riders on my two laps of Blue, but not so that it was a problem, And I think half-term in the area was last week, so I’m sure you’ll be alright. Trails will be running well. One watch-out: Blue 1 (and the trails that are like it: ginger-coloured and full of rounded stones) will be surprisingly slippery of it’s rained that day. Let a few PSI out of your front tyre.

natrix
    Free Member

half-term in the area was last week,

It’s actually the Easter break and it was last week and this week.

Can’t work out where they all go

It’s a secret known only to local folk…………..

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, had visions of the trails being totally rammed with family’s having picnics on all the corners 😆

Was looking at doing a lap of the blue & red then seeing if I had time to go and look for other trails afterwards. Which bike is going to be most fun? Got a choice of my 150mm full suss or 120mm steel hardtail, had a look at a couple videos of the red and leaning towards the hardtail at the moment?

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

It’s a secret known only to local folk……….

Dogging? Ritual sacrifice? ? 😆

nedrapier

hardtail every time! It’s actually very nice on a rigid singlespeed. mostly very smooth, and hills are short.

bubs

Rigid singlespeed +1 unless you are going to go off piste.

nedrapier

…or a bmx, or a micro scooter, or heelies, or….

unless you are going to go off piste

fair enough.

Trimix
    Free Member

Pump your way round with the HT.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How busy is Swinley likely to be tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.