Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • How busy does Rogate get?
  • razorrazoo

Not been for a while, but considering a trip down on Sunday. Since it’s been part of the B1ke setup it seems to have got much busier. Can anyone advise how it’s likely to be in terms of parking and trails?

Yak

Parking is roadside, so you will never run out. I don’t usually ride there at weekends, but over the Christmas period I was there when it looked really busy, but it was still fine on the trails. Plenty of them for everyone to spread out.
    Have you seen the forecast though?

razorrazoo

Keeping an eye on the forecast, weekend is heading for a washout but I’m hoping it will change. Gutted I couldn’t ride last Saturday.

davosaurusrex

I was there a few weeks back on a Sunday having not been for a couple of years and I’d have said it was 2-3 times busier than before. As said no issue on the trails although you do get people stopped in stupid places at the halfway fireroad, at the first one you come to from the road (Bottlerocket I think) you cross it at pretty high speed and there is plenty of scope for a painful collision. Wouldn’t be surprised if they have to do something about it

DezB
    Free Member

Already been covered by the above – just, if you’re not aware of the Facebook page- it’s where they will post if closed due to weather etc, so worth checking first:
    https://www.facebook.com/rogatedownhill/

Yak

Bottom half of Bottlerocket was shut last week for maintenance.

razorrazoo

Thanks Dez B, I’m on the FB/Insta group (my initial question relates to how it always looks busy in the pics).

Also how sendy are the jumps, I’m going to have a mate who is less wheels off the ground but want to learn (not that I am hugely skilled in that area either, but get by)?

stevextc
    Free Member

It’s pretty variable… at any one time plenty of people queued up for Mainline bottom bottom … vs lots of free space elsewhere…
    Last Saturday was fairly quiet and despite mainline getting closed waiting for the ambulance still plenty of space.. I’m usually with my lazy 10yr old who mainly rides small stuff at Rogate like mainline that he can whip and pull tricks on…vs bigger stuff he usually rides elsewhere.

Yak

It’s very progressive. Eg on Bottle Rocket you can roll everything or send it. So on each run you can push a bit harder. Trails like Mainline have bigger features, but still allow a bit of a case. Or there’s plenty of trails that have steeper tech, and less leaving the ground.

Yak

Nice pics stevextc!

DezB
    Free Member

Also how sendy are the jumps, I’m going to have a mate who is less wheels off the ground but want to learn

If I can ride it 😉
    Most of the bigger, more sendy jumps are at the end of the trails and easy to (ahem) avoid.
    It’s a brill place to learn. My son was laughing at me cos I went back to do a drop I’d missed and it took me 5 run-ups before I made it 🙂

stevextc
    Free Member

Bottom of bottle rocket was still closed Saturday …. but as Yak say’s plenty of other stuff. We warmed up on Bikini Top and Bottom which I think you can do without much airtime, quite possibly non if you tried?

Nice pics stevextc!

I stuck the camera in the car Saturday … grabbed a few quick pics after lunch

stevextc
    Free Member

Nice pics stevextc!

p.s anyone wants to help get Jnr over 200 followers or drop a like please go ahead … he’ll be made up

Yak

I’ll do a ‘follow’ for him. 192 now!

I am planning to ride at Rogate tomorrow so will report back about what’s open or not.

alan1977
    Free Member

only ever been twice, on peak days.. once in morning, once afternoon
    i would say, get there early on a peak day, or.. leave it until lunchtime, although even through the busiest part of the morning i never found any issue getting anywhere
    and giving the nipper a follow now for epic skills

Yak

stevextc and I rode there today. Conditions were very good. Bottle Rocket lower is still shut, but everything else is open and everything we rode was riding well.

razorrazoo

Thanks Yak. Will see how the weekend weather holds up then.

Yak

You have probably seen already, but it’s shut on both days this weekend due to the storm.

razorrazoo

Got down there today, much busier than I remembered on the road but got parked fine and park was busy (mostly kids sessioning the bottom jumps of the mainline). Conditions (aside from the swamp at the top of the push up) were great.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘How busy does Rogate get?’ is closed to new replies.