• This topic has 92 replies, 82 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nach.
Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • How big is yours (handle bars that is)
  • idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

760mm low rise on the Pitch, 660mm on the commuter hack; 6′ tall with monkey arms.

OH has 700mm low rise on her Pitch, she’s a shade under 5’6″. Said they started to feel a bit narrow in the Alps.

antennae
    Free Member

I run 780mm and it feels ace, but I do wonder if it’s too much.

Apparently Troy Brosnan runs his Renthals cut down to 730mm, and he’s 5’6″.

I’m 5’9″, albeit with monkey arms. Is there a formula to work out what’s width’s best, or is it all down to feel?

jedi

680 bars on all mine

molgrips
    Free Member

660 on the 5, 680 on the Patriot. I have no idea how anyone could actually ride a bike with 780mm bars. Butters.

nach
    Free Member

Is there a formula to work out what’s width’s best, or is it all down to feel?

Doubt it. It’d come down to the combination of your arm length, shoulder width, stem length, stem angle, and frame geometry.

That combination of factors is the only thing protecting us all from “What bars for [BLANK]?” threads 🙂

bigjim

760, really regret cutting them down from 780 now.

johnhe

740/750/760mm

honourablegeorge

bigjim – Member
    760, really regret cutting them down from 780 now.

Move gris in first, then ride, then decide.

tazzymtb

660 on the jones loops
    720 and the answer 20/20 alt bars
    710 on the carver ti sweepy things
    760 moustache bar on the sheep
    780 flat bars on the fat bike

760 and 780 and pant pissingly funny in tight singletrack and a few folk found out to their peril on the ssuk course…we did warn ’em

mattjg
    Free Member

780mm, do anything hardtail.

mattjg
    Free Member

@taz there was only one gap I couldn’t get through @ SSUK.

tazzymtb

@mattjg, we had a few folks clip big wiiide bars in the fast wiggly at speed and do that lying on the floor thing 😀

nach
    Free Member

@Retrodirect I’ve only sat on it rather than ridden it so far, but 760 feels good, and like I could have gone up to 780 comfortably. I’m 5′ 7.5″ and on a 16″ Blue Pig frame if that helps you decide.

I went from these (700mm, 30mm rise)
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/crank-brothers-iodine-1-am-riser-handlebar/rp-prod85548
    (The markings for brake/shifter alignment on one side of these don’t seem to match the other *sad trombone* :))

To these (762mm, 20mm rise)
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/spank-spoon-riser-bar/rp-prod90469

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘How big is yours (handle bars that is)’ is closed to new replies.