Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • How big is your estate?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve used a Citroen XM estate as a bike transporter for the last two years. Paid £600 for it. Driven to the south of France twice in it. Done 40k in two years. Best car I’ve had.

Bought a C5 hdi estate from here a couple of weeks ago and loving it.

samuri
    Free Member

I’d say a pokey mondeo. The boots are freaking huge on the estates, you can get them with nice gutsy engines and if you can stretch to a newer one, they come with an amazing amount of toys.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    soops
    Free Member

Volvo V70’s have a huge boot. Also check out the new styls vectras. 🙂

bakey

The space in the back of my Alfa Sportwagon estate is smaller than a previously owned Mondeo saloon boot…

sadmadalan

My niece used to play the harp and her parents needed a Volvo to move it around! They tried a number of ‘smaller’ cars but it would not get in.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

One of my students is a harpist. She says that when Harpists have their gatherings, they all arrive in Volvos.

acjim
    Free Member

What about an older Audi A6? Look pretty massive to me!

[url=http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/AUDI+A6/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-19-42-55-240-4294966848-4294966997/advert.action?R=200838319306137&distance=44&postcode=TN1+2LU&channel=CARS&make=AUDI&model=A6&min_pr=&max_pr=5000&max_mileage=80000&vehicleYearOfManufacture=1999&vehicleRegLetter=V]click[/url]

mattupnorth
    Free Member

I can recommend a B5.5 (2001-2005) Passat Estate after having 2. Basically the A6 chassis, but more for your money. Should be big enough and the arches don’t take up much of the boot. No lip either. I comfortably slept in it!

For that money you might pick up a V6 TDI Sport model full of leather and toys…alternatively there should be loads of nippy 1.8T petrol versions in that price range. Or go for the 2.8 4motion/syncro if you want some real fun!

timber

adding A6 to list and a fast Passat
    anyone got measurements to prove them capable?

This is harder than I thought, at least bikes just fit. The GF has ruled out any dismantling or hinges.

Konastoner
    Free Member

Just meaured my A4 Avant, 40″ width 80″ length.

Black 2002 52 plate TDI going for 4k if anyone is intereted. email me for more details.

acjim
    Free Member

Timber, I reckon you’re best off calling the manufacturers (or a decent dealers?) direct for those dimensions – they aren’t easy to find online at least!

Keef
    Free Member

old Audi (’01) A6 Quattro sport 2.5 tdi estate me,big as **** boot,goes round corners like a really good at going round corners fast thing.180 bhp, mid range grunt is just silly.Makes me smile.

takisawa2

That money will buy you a nice Volvo V70 with the superb D5 engine (35mpg).

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘How big is your estate?’ is closed to new replies.