Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • How bad is Dog Fouling where you are?
  • project
    Free Member

rideing down a Sustrans cycle track,mature womans dog craps in front of me, so i cycle past her and the dog, she delicately picks it up,and places it hanging on a tree,so i wait until she passes by and then cycle back to her dogs deposit, and throw it over a fence into somebodies garden.

Few seconds latter a chap is screaming over the fence about the dog shit,i kindly point out the lady with the dog just down the track,he starts screaming at her he will follow her home and to the ends of the earth to reunite her with her dogs deposit.

Of course she denied throwing the deposit, but as i didnt have a dog just a bike she was seen as a villain.

ton

shit happens………….

carlphillips
    Free Member

i went out on a nite ride earlier on after reading this thread, and as soon as i got on the cycle path there was a dog egg with a stick stuck in it and a little paper flag on the stick…

made me chuckle

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Being a dog owner I'm proud to pick its 5h1t up. I don't like it but I like stepping in it even less plus as I'm not a c***, (usually) I simply couldn't be that bad to leave it sat there.

It really disgusts me when I see dog eggs sat on the pavement or hiding in grass verges. We have a pond by us and it has 2 crap bins but I've seen dog poo sat there just a few meters away.

I think I'll get myself some flags too.

I doubt it will shame them though as they clearly don't give a toss.

Funny story though, my dad once saw a bloke let his dog crap outside his house and left it there to be trod in. My dad went and picked it up in a bag and followed the man home. When the man was in side he rang the bell and handed it to the man in a bag and said "your dog left this behind", turned and walked away. 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I've often thought it'd be brilliant to carry about a wee rubber glove, just in case I see someone leaving a curly one unbagged. quickly cycle up, pick it up with said glove, and whack it into the back of their napper!. Aaaargggghh! imagine how horrible it would be, hair matted with dog sh1t!.

bialled_dikes
    Free Member

It's shit here

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

The streets of Barnsley are paved with brown!

Bagstard
    Free Member

I got so sick of it in my area I bought myself a dog! Well if you can't beat them…

On a serious note pooch and I don't leave the house without a roll of poo bags (so I can hang them in tree's. :twisted:)

bassspine
    Free Member

Someone round here used to stencil a star in gold paint round street shits. Even after the turd has gone the ghost remains.

Or rub the owners face in the shit then throw them off the path…

MaxWall
    Free Member

I have to walk my kids to school and nursery through a minefield of pavement poo!! It has got to a point where my (nearly)3 year old shouts "mind the poo" every 10 yards!! Think I might buy an air rifle, for the owners not the dogs, as expecting a dog to pick up its own s##t is asking too much.

badblood
    Free Member

It is the same outside my kids school, I had to ring the council twice yesterday but they did come round and clean it. It was dog shit dodgems up until that point.
    I wonder how the owners of these dogs would react if we all went round and took a dump on their doorstep?

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

It's like tarring roadies with the same brush, I'm sure not all of the wa*kers run red lights, ride 4 abreast at 20 and don't bother signalling or shoulder checking.

My dogs eat meat and the birds love their sh1t, I've bagged some up and come back only to find the bag ripped open, and the shit gone. It doesn't stink or is sticky, infact it just crumbles to dust like chalk and it doesn't stick to shoes or tires.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

We don't have a side gate on our house and during the snowy weather I found a pile of frozen dog eggs in our back garden. The house opposite has a "pet" dog which they let run around the street because they can't control the bitch. I had to stop myself bagging it up and hurling it at their front window.

Dogs will die.

Nick

I have a particular aversion to dog shite, so much so that if I ride through some I ain't going anywhere until I've scrapped every last bit off the tyre, the thought of a bit flying off and hitting me in the face makes me gag just thinking about it.

Haughmond Hill nr Shrewsbury, especially the 100 metre radius from the carpark is covered in dogshit. They have a flick it into the bushes rule, which invariably means that it ends up on the edge of the path.

Presumably, they don't leave dogshit lying around in their gardens at home, or flick it onto the Hostas and daffadils, so why is it ok for them to take their dogs out for a crap in a public place and leave it there?

Boxing day, took my lad up there for a ride, very slippy on the graded tracks, but the verges were softer, however there was a poo every metre, even walking was a problem, had to give up.

DezB
    Free Member

As a dog owner, I'm disgusted by the lazy bastads who let their dog sh1t anywhere (usually in the middle of a path) and just walk off and leave it.
    I sometimes understand the bagging up and leaving in a bush as there are often no bins to chuck it in and I guess the (slightly less) lazy morons think they are saving people from treading in it.
    I was out in the pitch black last night with no-one around and my dog did her business, I picked it up, stuck my (luckily gloved) thumb in it and chucked it in the nearest dog-poo-bin. No-one was around and the pooh was on the verge, not on the path.
    So, as Cool-Hand-luke says, we're not all lazy, ignorant, stupid c***s.

[edit] ^^ sounds like I stuck my thumb in it on purpose! I did it accidently, but was just trying to make the point that it's not a pleasant task.

mudsux
    Free Member

The North Downs is littered with the stuff. Parts of the South Downs also.
    It seems dog owners think it's ok to take a laissez-faire attitude their dog's poop. I've seen it happen on countless occasions.

Man's best friend is my tyre's worst enemy.

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

It is pretty bad here somethimes but so is litter. As a dog owner I do always pick up after my dog as I wouldn't like to step, ride, what ever in it myself. There are load of unresponable dog owners out there, lets face it there wouldn't be the dogs trust and the like if people were responsible pet owners; I wouldn't have a dog that took years to get to trust anyone because she had been kicked and beaten.
    And lets face it there are a lot of irresponsible mountain bikers out there, the ones that leave litter all over the place, Glen tress can look like a rubbish bin in places at certain times.
    It seems there are irresponsible people all over the place who don't seem to give a crap what they do to the countryside they profess enjoy, it's just a lot easier to pick on dog owners, granted dog poo is a lot worse to step in than a crisp bag but the same basic rule applies.

More bins would help, something that I have writen endlessly to the local council for, one success but not much more.

As usual all the hatered that come out on forums has emerged, seems to me that people only want their 'kind' to have access/ have around rather than be logical about things. Same sort of people that will shout at you for going ahead of them down spooky woods because your on a xc bike and you will get in the way of their freeride fun.

Nick

I once saw a woman on Crosby Beach wiping her dog's arse with a tissue after it crapped everywhere, she did try to pick it up but as it was all runny I dare say she was only partially successful 🙁

antigee

local reservoir much favoured by dog walkers and noticed during the snow that the red box for posting bags was untouched (covered in snow – no prints) now snow has melted there is sh1t all over the path in the area where the box is and people park

Most people are happy to go to the coast and let their children paddle in human sh1te, how odd?

….Sherry

obviously i'm not most people and as to the victor meldrew/price of milk tag i get fed up cleaning shit off the kids

BigJohn

A dog tackled me from behind and didn't get the ball yesterday. That was a bad foul.

I picked it up and threw it for him though.

votchy
    Free Member

My house seems to have a major problem with cat fouling, obviously not the cats fault but I have expressed my disgust at the neighbours that own cats, next step is a weekly clean up and deposit of said cat mess proportionately on the neighbours drives that own cats, see how they like it.

alpin
    Free Member

there is surprisingly little dog shit around here. although generally speaking germany is pretty bad for it.

whereas in the UK you might comment when seeing someone NOT picking up their beloved dogs shit, here you comment to others when you see someone pick it up.

mate and i had a go at some family a few weeks back. mum, dad and two kiddies, plus the dog. the dog shits in the middle of a park about 5m from where we were standing. i called the 'frau' back and asked her if whe was going to clean it up. then her husband came over and start telling us to mind our own business. my mate then lays into them explaining to them what sort of example are they setting for their kids. "don't worry kids, need a shit? shit in the park"

i'd shoot the dogs because after shooting the owners who is going t pick up the poo?

RoterStern
    Free Member

In this part of Germany the city send officials around the parks to check people with dogs have got them on a lead, as well as the owner is carrying a 'crap sack' and that their dogs have got their taxation tags (yes dogs are taxed in Germany ) and that they are insured. Failure to comply with any of the above criteria results in a hefty fine (in fact more than if you are caught speeding in your car!).

aracer
    Free Member

It seems there are irresponsible people all over the place who don't seem to give a crap what they do to the countryside they profess enjoy, it's just a lot easier to pick on dog owners, granted dog poo is a lot worse to step in than a crisp bag but the same basic rule applies.

More bins would help, something that I have writen endlessly to the local council for, one success but not much more.

As usual all the hatered that come out on forums has emerged, seems to me that people only want their 'kind' to have access/ have around rather than be logical about things.
    I don't know where you get the idea from that people are suggesting it's acceptable to litter – I'd have a go at somebody littering just as I'd have a go at somebody not picking up after their dog. As you mention though, dog poo is far more disgusting than a crisp packet – I'm not really that bothered if my son steps on a crisp packet when out walking.

Called a woman a "disgusting bitch" yesterday after witnessing her leave her dog's mess behind on the pavement. Might have done something more direct had I not been rather constrained by having my little boy in the car with me (not really happy about parking up and leaving him in the car whilst I chased her with her dog droppings).

cookeaa

Called a woman a "disgusting bitch" yesterday after witnessing her leave her dog's mess behind on the pavement. Might have done something more direct had I not been rather constrained by having my little boy in the car with me (not really happy about parking up and leaving him in the car whilst I chased her with her dog droppings).

Perfect example then of a well adjusted human being then…

Your son gets an angry ball of rage for a Farther who swears at strangers and seems incapable of behaving in a civil fashion to women…

It’s Dog shit not Genocide you moron, politely register your disgust, and move on…

Christ knows what you do if he puts a cracker in the DVD player…

aracer
    Free Member

politely register your disgust

How? I'd already asked politely whether she was leaving that there, and didn't she think it rather disgusting, and been totally blanked. Figured that was the only sort of language she might understand – if she wants to be treated in a civil fashion she should treat the rest of society in a civil fashion (what does her sex have to do with it?)

Not really sure where you get the idea I was a ball of rage either, nor how calling some woman exactly what she was has any relation to how I'd react to my child doing something he doesn't necessarily know is wrong.

Personally I reckon being rude to people leaving their dog droppings behind is a very good sign of a well adjusted human being.

ski
    Free Member

"disgusting bitch"

Seems a fair comment to me tbh, can think of far worse things she could have been called.

Our local park, where I used to play football as a kid is now nothing more than a dog poo alley now, feel free to play in it if you want.

I know it only a few irresponsible owners, but maybe a few stern words, might get it through their skulls that its not acceptable behaviour.

bigyinn
    Free Member

votchy – Member
    My house seems to have a major problem with cat fouling, obviously not the cats fault but I have expressed my disgust at the neighbours that own cats, next step is a weekly clean up and deposit of said cat mess proportionately on the neighbours drives that own cats, see how they like it.

Unfortunately cats are deemed in law as "free range animals", therefore nobody is directly responsible for its actions, whereas dogs are not and therefore the owner is responsible. Unless obviously your neighbours walks their cats on a lead round your garden? (I have a cat and am fed up with our neighbours cats shitting in our garden rather than their own, but nothing i can do.)
    cr@p of any kind is abhorrent, but human / dog's is the worst. I believe dog cr@p can also carry disease IIRC (im happy to be corrected on this point). I still shudder riding down a lane at the end of my road and getting my legs and face sprayed with shit off the front tyre. Urgghhh.

DezB
    Free Member

Perfect example then of a well adjusted human being then…

Your son gets an angry ball of rage for a Farther who swears at strangers and seems incapable of behaving in a civil fashion to women…

It’s Dog shit not Genocide you moron, politely register your disgust, and move on…

Christ knows what you do if he puts a cracker in the DVD player…

Some irony in such a complaint about over-reaction there!

AndyP
    Free Member

Your son gets an angry ball of rage for a Farther who swears at strangers
    Genius. Extrapolated from where, exactly?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I still shudder riding down a lane at the end of my road and getting my legs and face sprayed with shit off the front tyre. Urgghhh.

Use a bloody mudguard then! Perhaps I could market some as "dog poop guards"

cookeaa

Possibly Dez, But kids are wonderful little things, once they have learned it's OK to call one woman a "Disgusting Bitch" they can merrily apply the same insult to any and all Females, what you've then taught your kids is it's OK to over-react to (in the grand scheme of things, quite minor) stuff and hurl what some would consider quite strong personal abuse at strangers. It’s a mindset not a million miles away from that of a Jihadist…

Just because you don’t mind a bit of misogyny, doesn’t mean your son/daughter won’t get excluded from school for copying Daddy in the playground…
    Frankly it’s bad parenting not to teach by example…

Like I said it’s Dog Shit, dirty, possibly full of diseases, and very anti-social not to pick it up, but using abusive language and mulling over physical attacks on those who don’t pick after their mutt is just **** stupid…

Don’t ignore it, but don’t lower yourself by acting like a thug…

If you have to abuse strangers, why not try interweb forums…. Oh…

Nick

why should you have to use a mudguard? the shit shouldn't be there in the first place, you might aswell suggest riding around in an NBC suit.

cookeaa

Your son gets an angry ball of rage for a Farther who swears at strangers
    Genius. Extrapolated from where, exactly?

I "Extrapolated" it from:

Called a woman a "disgusting bitch" yesterday…. Might have done something more direct had I not been rather constrained by having my little boy in the car with me

Still feel free to clarify, and I'll back your application for farther of the year…

AndyP
    Free Member

No, still can't see where you get 'angry ball of rage', 'Farther' or 'swears at strangers' from.
    Is steam actually coming out of your ears?

aracer
    Free Member

over-react

In your opinion. So the correct response to somebody deliberately leaving disgusting health hazards lying around is simply to let them get on with it?

mulling over physical attacks

You appear to be extrapolating again.

Can I just point out that I was there, and know I wasn't an angry ball of rage. Though given I'm apparently only one step away from being a suicide bomber, who am I to judge my own mental state?

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

aracer, I think you missed my point or I wasn't clear (most likely), I wasn't accusing anyone on here of littering or saying it acceptable but more meaning that there are irrisposible people weather it's mountain biking, dog walking, hill walking/ running what ever, its just sad that people do not respect the countryside around them.

Sadly, I hate to say this but it does seem to be a area/class thing, the small park a few blocks from me is HORRIBLE dog mess every where and A LOT on the small football pitch, the area is not that great, but go a few blocks the other way where the area is really nice and the parks are pretty good. I think that like a lot of things if there is litter and dog mess already there it only gets worse. Sad but true.

If it's any consolation to non dog owners/lovers it's really not great finding that your dogs beloved ball has bounced into dog mess and you have to bin it and have to walk home with a moapy dog or that they or you have stepped in it. Getting dog mess out of paws is a lot harder than shoes.

Bins and fines would help, I would love to see the govement pay people to catch people not picking up after their dog or for dropping litter, e.c.t and enforcing the fines that are there but lets face it whoever gets fined?

What I do really object to is the blame the dog attitude on here, it's just seems stupid rage, I like dogs, others don't big deal but it's the owners fault not the dogs. You wouldn't shout or threaten a child of two who dropped litter, would you? It would be the parents fault for not picking up after the child, it like the dog doesn't know any better.

I really think this thread should have ended one post after it started, with the conclution "it's not the dogs fault it's the owners, it's horible but all you can do is try and catch people and ask them, politly to clean that up", everything else is pretty pointless or just bile riddled rage.

Forums, were pointless rage lives, it's little wonder I rarely bother looking at posts on here, used to think mountian bikers were really nice people but sometimes reading this site really puts me off 'us'.

aracer
    Free Member

What I do really object to is the blame the dog attitude on here, it's just seems stupid rage, I like dog, others don't big deal but it's the owners fault not the dogs.

Not something that came across in your previous post – I got the impression more that you were complaining about us picking on dog owners when lots of other people also litter…

I think there was one post suggesting shooting the dog – maybe I missed another one. However in general your objection is totally missing the mark, given the rest of us are complaining about the owners, not the dogs. Where exactly is this "blame the dog attitude"?

jimster
    Free Member

Where exactly is this "blame the dog attitude"?

Mmm, the tag – dead dogs rock, gives it away a bit.

Unfortunately, I have 2 dogs, and yes I pick it up every time – unless the one is doing it behind a bush 30 feet of the footpath and I'm likely to injure myself picking it up. But the biggest problem around here along with doggy doo do, is broken bottles – at least one on every stretch we walk, disgarded food, vomit from last nights excesses that can go weeks without being cleaned by the coumcil. Even witnessed a pidgeon decomposing on a roadside the year before last.

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

Well they are a couple of posts blaming the dogs but maybe I didn't read them all that carefully…I have obivouly missed the mark, a mark that mainly seems to be, lets shout at someone or shout someone down for thier views?!?!?! We have to have someone to have a daily rant about one group of people. Sigh.

You are probally right I have maybe missed the point slightly but also have suggested a few actual solutions to the problem and have actually done something about it, that hasn't involved shouting abuse at someone. Good grief.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘How bad is Dog Fouling where you are?’ is closed to new replies.