Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • How bad are DPD Local?
  • Blackflag
    Free Member

I think DPD Local are the new Yodel.

Waiting on a part yesterday, get an email with my 1hr delivery slot. So I make sure I can hear the doorbell. Half way through the slot i get an email telling me they tried to deliver and I wasn’t in and they will try again tomorrow. Benefit of the doubt given. Today, exactly the same happens except I’m sat facing out of the window the whole time. And there is snow on the ground with no footprints. And an email telling me they have tried their second attempted delivery, i didnt answer the door (???) and the part will now go back to the depot. Utter shambles.

nealglover
    Free Member

Same as all couriers really, depends on the individual.

Our DPD local guy is fine, he’s been a few times over the last few months and never had an issue

steel4real
    Free Member

As above – depends on your delivery driver. Mine is currently spot on, DPD liveried van as well. Delivered Saturday morning (wheel truing stand) and yesterday morning (new rims!) within 10 minutes of the earliest time of the 1 hour time slot.

snotrag

For me, DPD have always been, and are consistently the best couriers – most reliable, best app, best communications, as both sender and receiver.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

For me, DPD have always been, and are consistently the best couriers – most reliable, best app, best communications, as both sender and receiver.

This, by a country mile.

peteimpreza

This, by a country mile.

times 3000

Tom-B
    Free Member

Times 10000!!!

Maybe the address on his handset is sending him to the wrong place?

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Parcelforece and DPD have done exactly the same to me in the last week.

They just don’t like driving down our lane.

Drac

Ah! The weekly courier thread.

DPD are fantastic but then I’ve had no issues with others either.

TiRed

DPD are the only courier who deliver, and I mean actually take a package rather than just say they’ve been, to my son in his hall of residence at Uni in Ireland. They message him in advance, meet at the entrance gate at the time stated and hand over the package. They have never failed. Others just look at the address (hall of residence) and do not bother. Sometimes they have left a note in the postbox to his flat. Often not. We use DPD.

ElShalimo

There are differences between normal DPD and DPD local

DPD are great, probably the best out there

DPD local looks like this – they’re just not as good

If it was a school report:

– Red DPD excellent

– Blue DPD must try harder

intheborders
    Free Member

Our DPD Local is a top lad, he even waved me down in the summer as I drove passed him as he knew my car & he’d a parcel for me.

Drac

I upgraded to a timed slot for DPD that meant it switched to DPD local, the parcel arrived 1 hour earlier than my time slot. Can’t complain about that.

tenburner

Pretty crap, lost a set of forks and are arguing endlessly about giving me the money for them

mattyfez

I’ve always found DPD to be good.

I’ve had the odd hermes delivery, and was expecting an issue as they have a really bad rep, but it turned up on time.

YMMV

Blackflag
    Free Member

Well, i’ll consider myself fully corrected then. I seem to have encountered a rare bad apple. But claiming you tried and i wasnt in, when there is a layer of crisp untouched snow between the drive entrance and front door is clearly taking the p!$$.

ElShalimo

take a photo and send it to them, or Twitter/Insta/FaceHate the shit out of it

sockpuppet

I upgraded to a timed slot for DPD that meant it switched to DPD local, the parcel arrived 1 hour earlier than my time slot. Can’t complain about that.

Sure if you’re there! But if you opted for a ‘timed slot’ *because you wanted that slot* and they tried an hour early you’d be saying otherwise!

I should add we get DPD (red) not DPD LOCAL (blue), and the guy’s great!

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

I’ve pretty much never had an issue with DPD to the point where I’m more likely to use a retailer if they use DPD – even if they charged a bit more for it.

The hassle factor with the others is really high (even Royal Mail) to the point I try and avoid dealing with any company that uses them.

Drac

Sure if you’re there! But if you opted for a ‘timed slot’ *because you wanted that slot* and they tried an hour early you’d be saying otherwise!

No, I opted for a time slot as I wanted the parcel early it cost me £5 more than the normal fee but £5 cheaper than the time it actually arrived. I knew I’d be in if it came early as I was expecting a parcel so made sure I was in.

Cougar

There are differences between normal DPD and DPD local

Is the right answer.

DPD is the gold standard courier in this country. DPD Local on the other hand is the service formerly known as Interlink Express, the courier Time Computers sacked in favour of Panic Link back during the mid-90s for being too shit even for them.

fossy

Can’t coplain about any drivers where I live TBH. All couriers been spot on. Must have some good guys and gals.

funkmasterp

I’ve had a couple of weeks of DPD based Brexit woes, but that’s from the commercial side. Missed collections and claimed correct information is incorrect. First time I’ve had issues in the last six years though and my account manager is great.

Northwind

Left my new phone just lying in the garden in the rain the other day, cheers guys. It was literally in packaging that said YOUR NEW PHONE on it, probably to discourage theft. I was home, and the front door was unlocked, but their social distancing guidelines mean regardless of all that, throw it in the mud.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘How bad are DPD Local?’ is closed to new replies.