Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • How are your pets fairing
  • carbon337
    Free Member

Dog shivering and following me round drooling all over the place. Panting a shaking like mad.

Good news though is that he isnt barking and ripping the carpets up like he has in past years. We have a baby in the house this year and it seems to have calmed him down a bit.

Failed gundog springer at fireworks days are a nightmare but this kind of thing come with rescuing.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Molly is doing a bit of tummy growling and the odd woof but doesn’t seem stressed…snoozing in her crate as I type.

Oscar and Barney (pushty cats) are fine – Barney getting a bit nervous, but he takes it out on Oscar in a bit of play fighting if he gets pissed off.

Hope your fella’s ok. Bit late, but DAP can help. 🙂

northshoreniall

Collie not so great, nervous wreck – worse than previous years. Got one of them DAP diffusers but he wont stay in one room long enough for it to have effect!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Houns

Cats curled up fast asleep not bothered at all

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Got one of them DAP diffusers but he wont stay in one room long enough for it to have effect!

I think this is the problem in general with freaked out dogs…the last thing they want to do is sit there and get high! Hope he’s ok – it’s just one night. Comforting cuddle not helping?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

our Yorkie is curled up in front of the fire with his jumper on happy as 😀

there are some proper ground shakers going off too 😯

Kids are sat looking out of the window watching the show

Karinofnine

Missy could not care less. We’ve just been out for a walk, she trotted along oblivious to the bangs and bursts of light above us, now she is asleep on the bed. I’m glad.

Have you tried Serenum? Or Zylkene?

winston_dog
    Free Member

The 2 westies are sleeping.

They have never been bothered by fireworks, in fact one of them used to sit and watch the rockets in the sky when a pup.

They have never been close to them though or shotguns etc so the bangs doesn’t bother them.

I feel sorry for the collies, they all seem to suffer really badly. My sisters is a quivering wreck.

Does anyone know why they are so sensitive?

project
    Free Member

Just seen a stupid person at a huge firework display with their dog, a large white fluffy husky thing, poor thing must be deaf.

My cat wants to go out after coming out from behind the freestanding cooker.

carbon337
    Free Member

We’ve tried everything in the past DAP, Drugged to his eyeballs, t-shirts, cages and the best thing seems to be us just leaving him in alone (plus his little cat friend louie).

Been out earlier and we expected carnage when we got back but its better than ever – still not perfect though.

Hang in there Brad lad…

Seen here in happier times:

mrmo
    Free Member

the two cats are wandering round demanding food, so no different to normal

JohnClimber
    Free Member

It’s like armageddon around here with the locals blowing up their giro’s and our Border Terrier is sleeping through it all as normal

northshoreniall

DD he’s all snuggled up on the sofa drooling into the laptop now 🙂 Luckily I’m here tonight – tried to nip wife thursday when I was on shift – needs his dad to protect him it seems.Not helped by being rescue dog so bit neurotic sometimes.

Karinofnine

Bit late for this year – but maybe for next – I saw an episode of It’s Me or the Dog USA. Victoria Stilwell managed to calm a dog which was terrified of thunder. The poor thing was shaking, dribbling, burrowing under beds and furniture. She cured it completely. Maybe you could get a copy of the episode and see what she did?

trout
    Free Member

not a happy little doggy

Drac

Our border was a bit nervous lastnight seemed fine tonight when I left.

rOcKeTdOg

cat is doing her business in the litter tray and looking a bit aloof, and wil resume her station by the oven door as there’s a chicken in there so nowt out of the ordinary (although i only got her from the rescue a week and a half ago)

mashiehood
    Free Member

Harry the cat is under the bed, pops out occasionally to check we are ok!

iDave
    Free Member

No pet to comment on but I’m finding it all really **** annoying. Don’t see the attraction in some bangs and pretty colours. Mleh.

Andy-W
    Free Member

Frankie the six year old Jack Russell has just got back from a walk and is fine.

When she was a pup i took her on walks when the fireworks started and she has akways been good,,,just stands and looks as the rockets fly off !!!

john_drummer
    Free Member

Bobby the cat is curled up half asleep on top of a pile of drums. Not in the slightest bit bothered

porter_jamie

We bought a cd from the vets that has firework noises on it, and have been playing it for a couple of hours every night for a month. Really really helped. No panting or drooling, and he hasnt hidden under the table yet. Recommended.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Our collie is shaking like a leaf, trying to squeeze under the stairs in his little hidey hole. Poor boy.

Happy days in the frost last year. 😀

yossarian
    Free Member

Our cats are mooching about, seem to be utterly unconcerned. 2 police cars, a fire engine and an ambulance are on the next road over, hope people are ok. 🙁

kinda666
    Free Member

Winnie the Pug was sitting on top of the sofa watching whats going on! Let her out of the back door and she was chasing the rockets as they went up from neighbouring gardens!

bruk

For ones that are scared the best thing to do is provide them with a nice dark bolt hole to hide in and close all the curtains/blinds and out some music on.

Then the difficult bit, ignore them, pretend nothing bad is happening and reward them if they start to show signs of normal behaviour. When you give them lots of attention etc they assume you are worried too.

Sounds scary CD can help a lot of dogs, Adaptil (new name for DAP) collars can help some dogs, various calming drugs etc can also aid it but training is the best way, takes time however.

anto164
    Free Member

Took the dog to see the fireworks this evening. He sat there watching and not flinching once.

cozz
    Free Member

My chow chow is sat on the deck watching local fireworks go off , he seems to love them ! He’s 6

grantway
    Free Member

yep Max or 8 year old Golden retriever fast asleep and local park has display on at the moment

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Molly just woke up to wish all the nervous dogs a good night’s sleep. Nearly over for another year folks.

LenHankie
    Free Member

Rocket the tortoise asleep in box in garage…hopefully oblivious.

nuke

Our 8 month old labrador hasn’t be bothered at all…just slept through it in her bed.

DezB
    Free Member

She’s a gun dog. She doesn’t even notice

Lionheart
    Free Member

Our two ‘old’ gun dogs are not enjoying it. Though one is out half the time on opiates for his arthritis. Other is tucked under the Mac desk as I type and hassles for attention every 3 mins.

All slightly reduced by my one chance in the year to play some rock loudly!

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Our two cats, Elvis and Priscilla, don’t seem remotely bothered. ‘Cilla was sat out on the balcony earlier watching the rockets go off a few doors down.

PePPeR

My Springers too knackered to notice the bangs, he’s been working all day and is now tucked up in bed with a nice big bone from the butchers.

Our cat just doesn’t care at all, he’s sat in front of the log burner keeping warm.

I think Project went to the same fireworks display as us, as there was a Husky at the one I went too! Chacombe display.

montylikesbeer

Monty is knackered after a traverse of rossendale, while I undertook a survey for the proposed cycleway.

He had a great day………………..I got my head around what a task we have on our hands.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘How are your pets fairing’ is closed to new replies.