Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 208 total)
  • How are you voting today?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

I don’t normally do this but today I’m tactical voting for labour in a bid to keep out the Tories in Wales.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Shortly with my feet and leaving the office for a bike ride, what you voting for?

pondo

Au naturel.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m voting free Bacon & Eggs for all on any sunny day we have in the UK.

Burp.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Voted at every election since I was 18

Today I’ll be drawing a cock and balls on the voting paper.

allan23
    Free Member

No one, we don’t have any elections in our area – apart from the Police Commissioner thing and elections for that just seem stupid to me.

Job advert, check qualifications and references and appoint the best person seems a better way of doing that one.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

voted by post

Onzadog
    Free Member

Police commissioner only here as well. How do I vote responsibly? None of the candidates have bothered to tell anyone anything about themselves.

Cock and balls it is then.

Stoner
    Free Member

Police commissioner only here as well. How do I vote responsibly? None of the candidates have bothered to tell anyone anything about themselves.

Electoral commission have not permitted mail shots by the candidates. You might find some ads in the local paper.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

tactical voting LoL

gwaelod
    Free Member

PCC vote for someone who seems serious about reducing road crime

Greybeard
    Free Member

I’ve voted by post, for Labour councillors who are doing a good job in the circumstances. If it was a parliamentary election, which it isn’t in England, I don’t know what I’d do.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Lib dem guy wants to abolish pccs and go back to authorities. Think I’ll vote for him.

DrJ

Voting against the racist toff.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Without proportional representation I feel i dont have an option but to vote against the Tories and go with the lesser of two evils and vote Labour..

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Voting against the racist toff

that’s a bit harsh on the labour candidate

Drac

Police Comissioner only here.

scotroutes

Still swithering about my regional, top-up vote. Might go to the Greens.

Trimix
    Free Member

I see no point without proper representation.

Given the candidates its a bit like asking us if we want white or brown bread with our sh*t sandwich.

Stoner
    Free Member

west mids PCC only here.

UKIP and independent both showboating loons.
    So straight fight between incumbent Labour (ex blairite minister) and Tory with 5yrs on the Police Authority. Both probably more than competent even if a bit Whtie, Middle-aged, Male.

nickjb
    Free Member

Green for the council, independents for mayor and pcc. They’ve all got a good chance especially if people stop tactical voting.

allthepies
    Free Member

Only the police bod around here so probably won’t bother. I will check out the candidates spiel (if I can find it) though and see if there’s a killer issue (no pun 🙂 ) which leaps out at me.

zippykona

I always vote but I really can’t be bothered to vote for a police commissioner.
    Edit …what he says^^^

the-muffin-man

Local elections around me, so voting in those.

Also PCC vote – which I’ll be spoiling the ballot of.

mooman
    Free Member

yep – voting here too.

Historically it’s always been swapped between Labour & Plaid Cymru here … both have, and continue to, ignore the people of the area.
    So it’s predicted that UKIP will take advantage of this.

Corbyn is not going to have a good message from S.Wales today.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Only the police bod around here so probably won’t bother. I will check out the candidates spiel (if I can find it) though and see if there’s a killer issue (no pun ) which leaps out at me.

Perhaps a candidate who promises to donate their salary to a charity (crime victims or police etc) and then promise to not get involved would be the sound choice for a police commissioner.

jekkyl

with a pencil or possibly a pen.

nickc

Labour.
    Local, and seems the least objectionable, Conservative is an Ex copper…Lib Dem wants to spend all the money, and a couple of proto Racists…

It’s a beauty contest fo’shure

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I live in a labour guaranteed win area, so no matter who I vote for it won’t make an ounce of difference.
    So not bothering.

finbar
    Free Member

Green for councillors, and spoiled my ballot for the police commissioner.

I was puzzled by the “bring back elmo” candidate. Must Google that later.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Elmo

Bobby Smith (born February 1982) is a British political and fathers’ rights activist. He is the founder and leader of the Give Me Back Elmo party which he set up to seek to change the law in family courts after his own experiences.[1]

Political activity[edit]
    Smith stood in the Witney constituency for the party in the 2015 UK general election.[2] Smith and the Give Me Back Elmo party received media coverage from across the world throughout 7 and 8 May 2015. This was due to Smith and two other members of the party waiting with placards to greet the UK Prime Minister David Cameron at the polling station where he cast his vote on election day (7 May 2015) [3][4][5][6] and Smith appearing while dressed as Elmo at the vote count in numerous photos with the Prime Minister and behind him on the stage as he was giving an important speech about winning the election in Witney on 8 May 2015.[7][8][9][10][11]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Smith_(activist)

franksinatra

I find myself trying to work out who I object to the least when working out this years vote. A sorry state of affairs.

SaxonRider

Plaid Cymru with Lib Dems as second choice.

saxabar
    Free Member

I’m in N.Wales – still clueless. Leaning towards Greens in lieu of a better option.

perchypanther
    Free Member

live in a labour guaranteed win area,

….is what 40 Scottish Labour MP’s thought the day before they were out of a job.

Just sayin’ 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mayoral Election in Bristol, the campaigning for which has been pretty devisive.

If the Labour guy was running independently, I’d vote for him but I like the city mayor being independent of policy-makers in London. Tory guy (who represents Clifton…FFS… 🙄 ) hasn’t a chance. Nor does the Lib Dem so it’s a run off between Marvin and George. Can’t quite stomach voting for George. So at the moment it’s like picking a portaloo on Sunday at Glastonbury.

WEJ

Plaid Cymru.

Labour been in power for 17 years in Wales, still one of the poorest regions in Europe. Time for a change.

swavis

Labour or an Independent, I voted SNP in the general election but that wasn’t for another referendum and I’m fed up with them going on about another one so my vote’s going elsewhere.

ferrals
    Free Member

No idea at all, I dont understand the assembly elections well enough and have had nothing useful from the candidates.

I think I’ll be voting plaid with my second vote as apparently we need to do that to keep ukip out?

The first I saw of the police commisioners was an advert on the back of the bus this morning..

In fact on reflection I might just go for a pint instead, and I’m a strong believer in always voting.

pondo

I find myself trying to work out who I object to the least when working out this years vote. A sorry state of affairs.

I’ll vote for that.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 208 total)

The topic ‘How are you voting today?’ is closed to new replies.