Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • How are you keeping cool in the warm spell then??
  • carlos
    Free Member

Currently sat in and UN-air-conditioned office with three windows open, the blinds closed, lights off and a decent sized fan threatening to blow my paperwork all over the place every time it pivots and its STILL F’ing baking!!!! 👿

BoardinBob

Office is aircon

Home is a sauna which I’m battling with a tower fan, tall fan and an aircon unit. Sweaty.

DezB
    Free Member

Was ok until I went for a walk in the sun. Now sweating, but have a secret weapon hidden under my desk…

binners

I’m strutting round the office in my Speedo’s, socks and sandals, drinking an elaborate cocktail. I can tell you, the temperatures going up in here for the laydeeeeez. GGGGRRRRRRRRR

mikewsmith
    Free Member

when it’s hot in the office I normally take a shower and get changed into a pair of boardies and chill out with plenty of icy water.

I do work from home though

woody2000

Nudity wherever possible, otherwise….

weeksy

Cake,

OK, so it doesn’t keep me cool…. but I worry less when I have cake 🙂

GregMay
    Free Member

It’s fine in here, home is the same. But I work and live in basements 🙂

hooli

MTFU, it wont last long and then we will all be moaning about the cold.

tonyd

Office is aircon but commute is tricky at the moment. I’m an even sweatier mess than usual by the end of it and take a good 30 mins to cool down.

mattsccm
    Free Member

It’s not that warm surely? Doubt it’s gone over 30 yet. You lot polar bears or something?

andytherocketeer

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeLa72oSf3c[/video]

dirtyboy

I got called to a BT office today on a 4hr urgent callout the call was the office was freezing and they couldn’t feel their fingers and some had blankets wrapped around them

I measured the temperature at 23c….. I **** hate office staff.

mudshark
    Free Member

Office is fine but hotel is sans aircon and feels warmer than outside. Been sleeping with a wet towel draped over me.

Torminalis
    Free Member

2 babies in a sweltering house. It’s like the end of days.

dirtyboy

Home on the other hand is lovely, as I installed a 5kw split ac unit this year in my living room and my bedroom is downstairs in the far cooler part of the house. LUSH

shifter
    Free Member

We’re still using 15 tog duvet 🙂

rene59
    Free Member

Don’t know about anyone else but an ice cube suppository keeps me cool.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Scrotal wafting.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Torminalis – Member
    2 babies 2 year old and 4 year old in a sweltering house. It’s like the end of days.

#sympathetic #empathetic

CountZero

I’m still waiting for the aircon in my workspace to be fixed. Supposed to be this week, it hasn’t worked for several years.
    I work in a long, fully enclosed room inside a large industrial building, no windows, or ventilation, and doors to cooler outer area have to be kept closed for security reasons. All the rest of the offices have working aircon…
    I do have a fan, though, which is two feet away when I’m sat at my computer, unfortunately that’s only for a couple of hours in the afternoon.
    When I’m not plate-making, in a litte room with a west-facing steel wall and roof, no windows at all, and three machines, all of which produce quite a lot of heat.
    Getting out into fresh air is a blessed relief.

darrell
    Free Member

talking about polar bears

its 30 C here in west Norway

frakking humid too

rj
    Free Member

I’m not.

transporter13
    Free Member

My lorry has the magical frost symbol. I would really struggle without it.
    It also helps that I can wear what I like to work, which has consisted of shorts and T-shirt since the middle of April 😀

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘How are you keeping cool in the warm spell then??’ is closed to new replies.