How angry does this make you……?

Home Forum Chat Forum How angry does this make you……?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • How angry does this make you……?
  • Lloyds have just charged me seventy five quid for going six quid over my overdraft limit – F***ing footpads!

Premier Icon BigDummy
    Subscriber

I am just about willing to get my head round it, as most of the graphs are starting to nose upwards again and the sky hasn't fallen in. But yes…

IanMunro

So to clarify – lloyds are asking for shed loads of money from the government to avoid having to pay the government shed loads of money?

Olly

tis disgusting.

im lucky to be able to say it hasnt affected me, in that, im foot loose and fancy free.

i have no debts, and i have no house, no family.
    living rented, as a graduate, getting paid enough to cover rent, car, food and a few bike bits.

the biggest thing i own is my car, and i own that outright.

ive given up caring. some of my mates from school, are becoming those tossers getting those bonuses, already making wages i could never dream of in my lifetime.
    it used to annoy me, but you know what. i dont care, ive given up caring.
    if they want to play with stupid numbers, like it "matters".

i realise for you "real people" with "lives" it makes a big difference 🙁

if you feel like a revolution, count me in, the country need stirring up a bit imo.

Premier Icon glenh
    Subscriber

Not at all.

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

My wife and her team have been summoned to a meeting in in London tomorrow to talk about "re-structuring"

Her company's revenue is €30billion+ with €2billion+ profits. Completely recession proof industry with her team making and exceeding all their targets.

Job losses highly likely.

Despicable situation.

allthepies

Doesn't register on the give-a-toss-ometer.

Wozza

I try not to get pissed off about this kind of thing especially if i've read it in the papers!

I'm aware it's all a big club, politics, banking… all that bollocks.

But yes… it does take the piss quite a lot… i'd like to be appointed "are you taking the *****ng piss? jog on" minister, i'd do it for the average wage.

Wozza… we've got Fred Goodwin on the phone…

Hi Fred,… what's that? bonus? but you *****d up mate… here's your bonus… my foot in your arse… jog on.

Of course any business selling XTR at cost will be exempt.

Who'd vote for me?

kevonakona

All the bank bosses will get huge bonuses (one way or another), if they keep the bank in profit but don't have to pay back the money owed until inflations has risen and the debt is worth less. Of course we will all be being screwed once more.

Olly

that figures bording bob

i reckon there are companies out there, still making profits, as normal, using the "recession" as nothing more than an excuse to maximise thier profits through dirty tactics and poor treatment of staff.

unecesseery paycuts etc.

manipulating money to make more money always struck me as a "job" that didnt need doing.
    like those people who wash your windscreen at lights, but with less good intent.

hopefully, when the zombie apocalypse comes, it will wipe out "the city" (my word that annoys me, when they refer to london as "the city") and leave us normal people relativly unscathed and free to get on with life without the pricks.

gusamc

Under the current terms of the scheme Lloyds would be required to issue "B shares" to the government which do not carry voting rights but would force the taxpayer's economic stake beyond 60%.

I'd suggest it perfectly highlights the private sector/public sector interface.

ie a shower of arrogant, unnaccoutable, expense swindling, overpaid, overpensioned, overstaffed and useless cvnts get taken for a ride by a few overpaid, greedy, self interested unregulated cvnts.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

On a scale of one to ten? I reckon if you read this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/oct/14/jp-morgan-beats-profit-forecast

then read this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/oct/14/lloyds-seeks-alistair-darling-cash

I reckon if everyone in the country was forced to read it, then inwardly digest it while looking at their own bank account/redundancy notices/repossession orders then surely to god we'd have the longed-for revolution at last. A proper one. Heads on spikes and stuff

avdave2

So Olly if it hasn't affected you I guess your somehow exempt from paying any taxes and the government has agreed to maintain all public services at current standards for you alone. You truly are a lucky man. You must have graduated with a first class degree in optimism. 🙂

Olly

avdave, i havent noticed any change in my lifestyle.

i graduated with honours in "being far far too laid back"

the bins are picked up once a fortnight now, not once a week.

my taxes may have gone up, but not so much i noticed.

…….

a discussion with a work colleague later, apparently tax payers "owe" several thousand pounds each.

i stand corrected.

hora

I stopped reading the shit that the redtop-in hiding put its prices upto £1. Guardian = the hidden capitalist crap.

IanMunro

You'll have to try better than that hora.

Junkyard

Hora read the Guardian 😯

retro83

But yes… it does take the piss quite a lot… i'd like to be appointed "are you taking the *****ng piss? jog on" minister, i'd do it for the average wage.

Wozza… we've got Fred Goodwin on the phone…

Hi Fred,… what's that? bonus? but you *****d up mate… here's your bonus… my foot in your arse… jog on.

😆

ernie_lynch

It doesn't make me angry at all. I take stuff like that in my stride.

Premier Icon ourmaninthenorth
    Subscriber

I read the Guardian. I live in (one of) its Manchester heartlands.

But the reporting is inaccurate and sensationalist.

Are there *any* decent newspapers out there employing journalists who understand the fundamental differences between "UK" and "global" and "investment" and "retail" banking.

Even the halfwits who read tabloids surely get those. Or am I being to optimistic for mankind?

Premier Icon BigDummy
    Subscriber

"the city" (my word that annoys me, when they refer to london as "the city")

The City of London is separate from the City of Westminster, which borders it to the West. The two cities, with their outlying boroughs, make up Greater London. 🙂

Olly

where does the city of birmingham, or glasgow, or sheffield, or any other city come into this?

its A city, not THE city.

I blame the beeb.

IanMunro

I blame the wirral.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

I blame Thatcher!! Actually…. I know that's the default answer to everything, but I reckon this one is actually her fault. She de-ragulated the bastards and told them to fill their boots!!!

Please hurry up and die soon you evil old hag! Then I can dance on your grave! Puuurleeeeeeez!!!!

IanMunro

They'll have to arrange something like Antony Gormley's fourth plinth where everyone get's an allotted hour to have a dance.

hora

I read the Guardian. I live in (one of) its Manchester heartlands.

But the reporting is inaccurate and sensationalist.

Are there *any* decent newspapers out there employing journalists who understand the fundamental differences between "UK" and "global" and "investment" and "retail" banking.

Exactly. Seriously sick of the Guardian. Its dressed up in respectable 'Education' clothes. If you actually 'read' it and the editorials you'll see this.

I'm listless, I actually started liking the sister paper the Observer, but thats also gone downhill of late.

I think alot of people read the guardian as they like the 'concept'/lifestyle it portrays to them but they dont actually READ it. If you like we could have a critique of an issue say Saturdays?

ernie_lynch

Even the halfwits who read tabloids surely get those. Or am I being to optimistic for mankind?

I think you are perhaps being a tad optimistic for mankind. Certainly a halfwit like me was under the impression that the whole reason for the global recession was precisely because banks are so interdependent. Indeed I was led to believe that decisions made by one bank/finance institution across the other side of the globe, could have repercussions for banks everywhere.

I have to confess that I only scanned through the articles but I failed to pick up any inaccuracies and sensationalism …….. maybe other halfwits who read tabloids might have better luck.

Premier Icon BigDummy
    Subscriber

Hora, what on earth are you reading to consistently produce such a deep knowledge and keen analytical grasp of the issues of the day as you constantly display? 🙂

For what it is worth, I read the Graun some days, Times others and the Indy occasionally. I'm not sure there's a lot to choose. Some journalists have the time, energy and intellect to get on top of stories, many do not. I'm reasonably sure no UK paper has a monopoly on them.

hora

BD- Agree on your last sentance. Its almost like ebb and flow with the quality on all of them….its catching the rags when they are on the rise again. Im sure Guardian/Observer has had a change of management recently?

mansonsoul

I'm footloose and fancy free, so I'm lucky I suppose. The lies, the corruption, the environmental degradation and the false 'green' policies (electric cars anyone?) all make me so angry. I've pretty much decided that I will break away as far as I can from their world of money, growth and business.
    They'll never take me alive.
    STW revolution FTW!

Its the bloody Guardian readers that got us into this mess! Nearly as bad as the Telegraph and Independent readers..dont get me started on the Financial Times tossers. Do they still sell The Beano & Dandy.

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

What's a "bonus" ?
    Is a "huge-bonus" better ?
    I work in Engineering, I've never heard of one.
    Is it some kind of sexual arousal device ?

I'll bet 90% of the wage bill at those firms goes to less than 10% of the workers. I'd wager that not everyone gets $100k+.

Wife's company are restructuring. Looks like she will be made redundant before for Christmas. Does that count as a bonus ?

hora

I'll bet 90% of the wage bill at those firms goes to less than 10% of the workers.

What about the council leaders who say they should be paid private sector wages to attract themselves? You know, they look at PLC's, huge banks and then pay themselves over 6figures.

Funny, the 'bankers' are to blame. No one actually blames themselves or our dear Leader, the war mongerer and the white haired-one with the **** hairy caterpillar for eyebrows.

Do you reckon lester is a writer for the Guardian? [Picking up on other surreal thread]

ernie_lynch

"I'll bet 90% of the wage bill at those firms goes to less than 10% of the workers"

Funny, the 'bankers' are to blame. No one actually blames themselves or our dear Leader, the war mongerer and the white haired-one with the **** hairy caterpillar for eyebrows.

Not the bankers fault ?

……. you think that Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling should be responsible for how bankers are paid Hora ?

Gosh ………. you're turning into a bit of a leftie like me Hora 8)

Olly

mansonsoul – Member
    I'm footloose and fancy free, so I'm lucky I suppose. The lies, the corruption, the environmental degradation and the false 'green' policies (electric cars anyone?) all make me so angry. I've pretty much decided that I will break away as far as I can from their world of money, growth and business.
    They'll never take me alive.
    STW revolution FTW!

+1

i reckon ST mag are raking it in*, can we remorgage this "tower" they keep bonking on about (STW towers) and buy and island.

hell, lets buy a small army, invade the crap out of somewhere, and start our own dictatorship?

*possibly made up

Premier Icon the-muffin-man
    Subscriber

Its good to see the Guardian have conveniently missed this bit out of their report which was published by the BBC yesterday… "The bank repaid its $25bn of US government rescue funds in June." So they've payed their debts and made a profit – well done I say!

And weren't Lloyds one the UK's few financially sound banks until Mr. Darling effectively forced them to take on the shite of HBOS, thereby nearly destroying both of them?

mansonsoul

Olly, you're not looking at this right.
    We need to sell the Tower® to finance our underground monkey wrench vanguard. Then, when we have a network of bicycle riding revolutionaries underground in the media, armed forces, police, banking sector and political systems, we can rise up, crush the system and start an anarco-permaculture commune system, dismantling businesses, reclaiming society and implementing an immediate, real green economy.

Premier Icon ourmaninthenorth
    Subscriber

And weren't Lloyds one the UK's few financially sound banks until Mr. Darling effectively forced them to take on the shite of HBOS, thereby nearly destroying both of them?

I believe that the deal hit the rocks on *the* weekend of the financial crisis, and Al and pals promptly told senior people from each of Lloyds and HBOS to go out of the room into a corridor and agree the deal.

have to confess that I only scanned through the articles but I failed to pick up any inaccuracies and sensationalism …….. maybe other halfwits who read tabloids might have better luck.

Sorry, ernie, I ought to have completed my little note with an ironic smiley.

I'm quite sure the interdependence was the issue. Had retail and investment (when did we drop "merchant"? Oh yes, when Fatch de-regulated, and the US wideboys moved in) banking been kept separate, we wouldn't have been in such a mess.

However, I still don't see how screeching about JPM profits and bonuses and the failings of LBG (as a result of exactly that forced merger) gets us anywhere, as those profile of those institutions isn't the same.

The reason JPM et al are doing well, is that investment banking is still good industry to be in – look at the equity and bond markets for an example.

LBG, OTOH, is f***ed. Too big, too cumbersome, and too saddled with historic "liabilities".

hora

binners- Ive emailed you 5 potential offices.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘How angry does this make you……?’ is closed to new replies.