Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Housework, is your best ever good enough!?
  • ssbnreso
    Free Member

Wife at work yesterday (teacher) I’m home during day as on late shift, start at 3:30.
    Spend 2hrs cleaning house, kids bedrooms, bathroom etc.

Wife gets up this morning and gets polish and duster out, when I say I did it all yesterday her reply is

“Yes, I’m going to do it properly now.”

Why do I bother!

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Get out and ride next time, just make sure she gets all the cobwebs you missed in the corners… sorted! 😉

tthew

I got told off for being too thorough last weekend!

Apparently this was a ploy to take so long to clean the kitchen, (an hour, and it’s a pretty big kitchen) that Mrs Tthew may as well just do it herself as now I’m too slow, as opposed to previously not making a proper job.

Work that one out Deep Thought. 🙄

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ssbnreso
    Free Member

The fact I just bought a new bike and left it in the dining room proberly didn’t help my case!

Murray

Sadly nothing I ever do is good enough 🙁

grum
    Free Member

WTF is housework? :mrgreen:

We have a deal where I do all the food shopping and cooking, and she does all the housework. Works pretty well.

anagallis_arvensis

Thats pretty much our unwritten rule grum!

jonba
    Free Member

People clean their own houses? You can pay someone to do that for you while you ride your bike 😉

ssbnreso
    Free Member

jonba – Member
    People clean their own houses? You can pay someone to do that for you while you ride your bike

I gave her the day off, that’s how nice I am!

rone

I like housework; cleaning and sorting etc. It doesn’t take much time and makes everything else in my life easier to do if your domestic chores are in order. Bang some music on get a good VAC and the right cleaning tackle, better than lounging around.

And I agree with the above paying someone to do the things you don’t want to do so you can do the things you do is a good philosophy.

jekkyl

Came to an agreement with the wife this morning, she does the upstairs while I do the down….but apparently sitting down with a coffee and the iPad doesn’t constitute cleaning….who knew?

brakes
    Free Member

better than lounging around.

weirdo.

A long time ago I accepted that I wouldn’t get any credit for doing housework as it was never done quite the right way. I then learned that it didn’t matter, all that mattered was that I’d done it.

rone

Yeah, thanks for weirdo comment.

But I was going to chime and tell you that sometimes cleaning can be away other people get control over you. My Mum was a bit like that.

But I forgot this is STW where insults are preferred.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Dunno, we get our cleaner to do it, along with the washing. I’m not wasting time faffing with dusters 🙄

ssbnreso
    Free Member

The flip side is I don’t do any and get grief for that!

Think I’ll just work Saturday overtime then it’ll be all done when I come in at lunch time 🙂

bikemanspen
    Free Member

^ 100% with you just go to work and if the mrs doesn’t clean whilst your there providing IMO you need a new mrs man up men it’s now or never!

househusband
    Free Member

I was asked the other day if I was going to vacuum the house someweek..!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I don’t mind vacuuming and loading and unloading washing machine or dusting & polishing, however when it comes to doing the bathrooms I always get criticised and can never do it up to her standards.

kayak23

Women love it if you refuse to do anything around the house, they see it as manly and attractive.
    Fact.

MoreCashThanDash

Before I met MrsMC I had a clean and tidy house. Could run your finger along a ledge and it would be dust free.

Then she moved in. Now you can’t run your finger along a ledge due to the piles of tat and knick knacks that “we” have accumulated. I gave up worrying about the dust. I occassionally lose patience and get rid of the cobwebs though

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

We have a cleaner, it stops this argument.

seadog101

Mens housework should only involve drains, other disgusting stuff, lifting heavy things to clean under them.

AdamW
    Free Member

Aha! Beat the lot of you! I do the shopping and most of the cooking (and the earning etc.) AND I do the cleaning.

Oh, wait….

kcal

usually do the dishes, always the ironing, housework (i.e. cleaning) is mrs. kcal area of expertise
    weeding the garden is shared, I tend to be ‘thorough’ (i.e. blitz it, sometimes overly exuberant) mrs. kcal covers a broader area but maybe only 80% efficiency..

ssbnreso
    Free Member

I was in the military for 10 years so I like to think I know how to clean but the wife could give any CO a run for there money!

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I don’t mind cleaning. But no matter how much I’m impressed she isn’t and see’s fit to do it. So I now do the laundry wash up and clean the toilets.

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

Kayak23 is correct.

samuri
    Free Member

I’m pretty good but I always deliberately leave my wife something she can pick up on. She runs a cleaning business, see. Doing the cleaning and not giving her something to complain about would be a horrible thing to do.

jekkyl

the wife complains I don’t do enough round the house and I complain that her standards are too high. It’s not that I’m lazy but I don’t see the need to clean the toilet twice a week ffs.

molgrips
    Free Member

gets polish and duster out

You have kids and you still have time to burn doing shit like that? Life is just too short!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Housework, is your best ever good enough!?’ is closed to new replies.