Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • House prices! Further to fall?
  • CHB

Spongebob, agree with both your points there.
    It is really sad for anyone who bought a first property in late 2006 to early 2008 as they may not have been around for long enough to remember/know about the early 1990’s!

Long term though it is in no-one interest except the banks to have everyone saddled with high mortgages at 4x, 5x or even greater salary multiples.

We live on a crowded island and love to buy property, so long term I am sure prices will recover, but I think the start of that recovery will be 2013 at the earliest.

trout
    Free Member

Anyone of the impression this collapse was done on purpose by the US to slow down the Chinese global domination a bit .

It just seemed to happen way too fast

kevonakona
    Free Member

TJ – looks like leith is teh place to be my. prices on places like mine wobbled a bit in Nov but have now pulled themselves together and are sitting pretty according to that selling price www-site.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Hairychested
    Free Member

My landlord had our place for sale for a year. April 2008 – £275k asking price, no viewings at all. November 2008 – £225k asking price – no viewings at all. March 2009 – £220 asking price – 1 viewer offering £150k max. No sale, flat taken off the market.
    In Hampton TW12 a 3-bed semi by the creek (river? canal?) was for £270k ONO. Sold for £170k.
    I hope the prices keep falling for a couple of years more AND I keep having a job. That way I should be able to afford a place to buy. Meanwhile, I’m renting and am short of £200k to buy mortgage free. So thanks for the numbers!

mudshark
    Free Member

For those that are confident of knowing what prices have been doing in their local area check out these sites to see what they say – helps if you know the sale price of a place in the last few years.

mouseprice

zoopla

molgrips
    Free Member

Here’s an interesting couple of stats for Cardiff this last quarter:

All properties:
    Average Price: £164,464
    Quarter: -7.4%
    Annual: -9.2%

Flats:
    Average Price: £124,396
    Quarter: -8.0%
    Annual: -20.6%

Detached Houses:
    Average Price: £295,259
    Quarter: -4.2%
    Annual: -0.6%

Remarkable how it varies across different kinds of houses…

aracer
    Free Member

Remarkable how it varies across different kinds of houses…

Not really – it was obvious that flats were overinflated compared to houses, and that the developers ended up simply making too many of them.

molgrips
    Free Member

But all you ever hear about on telly is the average price. Different markets really, shown to be behaving differently.

Still building flats and houses here in Cardiff. Adverts for new developments are going up before the old factories have even had the gates bolt-cropped open.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘House prices! Further to fall?’ is closed to new replies.