Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • House price different from land registry record?
  • milkherd
    Free Member

I have just looked up our house on the Mouseprice ‘Sold Prices’ index and it is listed as having been bought for £190,000, whereas we bought it for £195,000. Does anyone know why this is? I was under the impression that Mouseprice get their data from the Land Registry, so it should be accurate, shouldn’t it?

mrmo
    Free Member

Its all a con anyway, the house i am in the process of buying won’t be listed, none of the four neighbouring properties have appeared.

I would put it down to an admin error, what does it matter anyway?

GrahamS

Our house purchase has never been listed. No idea why.
    We got worried enough to call the Land Registry and get them to check it was in our names.

milkherd
    Free Member

what does it matter anyway?

Well that is my question I guess – does it matter?! I guess not. I’ll look into asking the land registry to change it anyway. Thanks for your replies.

mrmo
    Free Member

I would question errors with the names, but the price, for a small discrepancy….

longj
    Free Member

our house is shown on as the most expensive house on the street on these online land reg price things because land registry swapped two numbers in the transfer price record. even though land reg corrected the error the online price has always remained the previous inflated price. If you were provided with the deeds and documents from your solicitor, search out the TR1 which should show the that you paid 195k. if it shows 190k but you paid £195k then your solicitor has trousered the extra £5k. More likely an admin error though.

crankboy
    Free Member

Did you pay $5k for fixtures and fittings and so effect your stamp duty ? I have not done conveyancing since the 80s but that used to happen. The price error may be material as a potential buyer may use the price you paid for the house to calculate their offer.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“The price error may be material as a potential buyer may use the price you paid for the house to calculate their offer.”

which is madness surely … previous owner paid 34k for my house….

RTB scheme at its finest.

ampthill

The fixtures and fittings thing sounds plausible doesn’t it

aP
    Free Member

You can buy a house for £195k?

milkherd
    Free Member

longj, thanks – I checked out all the stuff from the solicitor and I did pay £195k so I found a section on the land registry site to email them and tell them about the error.

The price error may be material as a potential buyer may use the price you paid for the house to calculate their offer.

This is what I think and so it would be nice to have it recorded at the correct price. I know it’s only £5k which is relatively small as a percentage of the total value of the house but just think of the bike kit I could get with £5k!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘House price different from land registry record?’ is closed to new replies.