Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • House buying – EPC Incorrect – Will death ensue?
  • oliverd1981
    Free Member

So I’m a good part of the way into the process of buying a house and I’ve just seen the EPC from the conveyancers (found the house online and I’ve never had a paper copy of the details from the agent).

The EPC is obviouslly the one from when the vendor moved in in 2008 and doesn’t include the combi boiler, double glazing and loft insulation work they have had done.

I’m quite sure that the house is much more efficient than it says on the cert, and everything else is in order – so is it worth dragging out the process even longer waiting for them to get a new report?

Is there any benefit to getting one done after I move in?

IHN

is it worth dragging out the process even longer waiting for them to get a new report?

No

Is there any benefit to getting one done after I move in?

No

EPC’s are a complete waste of time, paper and ink.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

EPC=euro-MP-job-justification-law.

bigyinn
    Free Member

An improved EPC could mean less leverage for you in terms of haggle room, no?

Sui
    Free Member

+1 that they are a waste of time – also consider that they look at the light bulbs in place (not that these ever get replaced eh!) I’m sure there are some other craziness in their that i can’t remember as well..

thepurist

They’re also ‘valid’ for 10 years so that one’s fine – IIRC the HIP thing required a newer EPC but now they’ve gone down the pan there’s no need for a newer one. Or one at all AFAICS…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘House buying – EPC Incorrect – Will death ensue?’ is closed to new replies.