Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • House buying advice please.
  • bigblackshed

On behalf of my SiL. I’ve never bought a house, so no idea.

She’s in the process of buying her first home. No chain on either side. Asking price offer made and accepted. She starts the legal process, searches etc. she’s incurred approx £500 in fees so far. She’s got a call from the vendors estate agent saying that the seller has decided to take the house off the market.

Now, does she have any grounds to expect the vendor to front her incurred costs? She’s still willing to complete, he’s changed his mind. Or is it a case of suck it up and move on?

PiknMix
    Free Member

Suck it up and move on, unfortunately that’s houses.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I’d send the boys round to collect your £500. Might be the way it is but doesn’t mean you have to take it lying down!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Up, that’s how it is.

PePPeR

And next time get her to not offer the asking price, she’ll never be in as strong a position to buy a house ever again!

Although in this market and depending on where she lives that may be difficult.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“And next time get her to not offer the asking price, she’ll never be in as strong a position to buy a house ever again!”

Right now id consider it lucky they accepted . Everyone i know trying to buy atm is getting outbid at the ftb end of market.

Cheeky offers going no where just now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘House buying advice please.’ is closed to new replies.