• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by ton.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • house alarms
  • petrieboy

We live in a pretty neighborhood but there’s been a couple of breakins locally in recent weeks so I’m considering upping the visible security measures.
    House is a standard 70’s 3bed terrace with integral garage. Upvc windows and doors, Bikes are well bolted down. with 2 small kids the house is seldom empty and we have a large dog so I doubt we are at a significant risk.
    I don’t know anything about alarms but I think I’d like to protect front door, back door, rear patio doors and the garage. The dog is free to roam when it would be armed so I guess that rules out motion detectors? I’d like to DIY fit as cost is a consideration.
    Any particular makes and models is should look at or avoid? What are the key features to look for??

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Its a few years since I’ve been involved in alarms but basically there are two options. The cheapest one is based on passive infra red motion detectors (you can get ones that have a cut off zone so they are pet compatible), the trouble is they only go off once someone is already inside your house. The more expensive systems have break glass detectors, magnetic contacts on all external doors etc and will go off before someone gets into your house.
    The choice is yours!!

wallop

Bosch make pet-compatible sensors. We also have a sensor on our front door, so the alarm goes off as soon as someone attempts to enter the house.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ton

I can sell you a texecom alarm system to suit your needs.
    trade prices too.

petrieboy

how much am i looking at Ton??

Kryton57

Ton – me too please? What expertise does the fitting require if any?

DaveRambo

I’ll be after a new one when I’m back from hols in 2 weeks – what discount for STW volume ton ? 🙂

ton

feel free to email me fella’s, email in profile.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘house alarms’ is closed to new replies.