Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Hotmail/Outlook e-mail problems, anyone else?
  • cinnamon_girl

Since Hotmail became Outlook, I kept getting told that they can’t connect me to Outlook, try later. Even signing out then signing back in doesn’t make any difference. Can’t access my e-mails even though I can see them sitting there.

Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks. 🙂

Mounty_73

Just accessed mine, its working correctly.

cinnamon_girl

OK thanks. Dunno what’s going on then.

wwaswas

I’d try clearing cookies and cache and try again.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Yeah, Hotmail’s been as ropey as a pirate ship since switching to Outlook. Sporadic long delay once password has been entered then emails frequently inaccessible. Very annoying.

Fine atm however.

sssimon
    Free Member

delete cache and cookies, and update your browser. New outlook/hotmail seems to have issues with Firefox and Chrome for a lot of people.

cinnamon_girl

wordnumb – yes exactly. Incredibly frustrating isn’t it. Just done some clearing so hopefully that will help.

Thanks again. 🙂

footflaps

Yep, GF has the same problem – seems very unreliable. Also it keeps wiping all her contacts from her iPhone and I have to restore the whole lot from a back up. This happens once every few months….

Cougar

Try a different browser, as others have suggested, even if it’s just as a diagnostic step.

What AV / “internet security” are you using?

Are you using a bookmark? Try going directly to hotmail.com or outlook.com by typing it manually into your address bar.

Try changing the “http://” to “https://”

Long shot, but (re)install Silverlight.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I use outlook.com on a number of PCs and tablets and smartphones, no issues getting in at all.

cinnamon_girl

Oooh, thanks Cougar. Using MSE, will give those suggestions a go. 8)

tacopowell
    Free Member

I’m currently having issues signing in… 👿

granny_ring

Yes I’ve had that yesterday, not really checked it today, using Firefox.

cinnamon_girl

An update … still having problems! Sign in eventually and can see mail there but unable to open due to ‘can’t connect’. Cache/cookies cleared, also tried manually typing in Hotmail.

Today still having problems so have now uninstalled Silverlight as per Cougar’s suggestion, then reinstalled it.

Fingers crossed. 😕

granny_ring

It’s been ok so far today for me, that’s gone and done it now…..

cinnamon_girl

You’ll be fine. 🙂

Just been on the Forum for ideas and trying those. It’s a right pita.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Hotmail/Outlook is generally pretty unreliable for me too. About 50/50 chance of it fully loading at any given time, I’d say.

Cougar

Incidentally,

Are you getting any other symptoms? A malware scan might not be a bad idea.

Routeunknown
    Free Member

How about trying to update Java?

Cougar

Whilst good advice generally, I’m not seeing how that would help; I don’t recall seeing Hotmail ever touch Java.

cinnamon_girl

Cougar – no other symptoms. PC had a thorough and expensive investigation around 8 weeks ago.

Been looking on the website, done a couple of things including some browser check/fix, also reported it. Loads of people seem to be having all sorts of problems on their forum.

This has only been happening since the Hotmail/Outlook switch.

Cougar

Tried a different browser yet?

Long shot but, reboot your router?

cinnamon_girl

How do I try a different browser please? 😳 Reboot router? 😳

I’m technically inept!

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for your help, will give that a go. 8)

Cougar

Groovy.

CountZero

I visited a friend on Sunday, who usually drops a computer issue on me when I visit, and she was having a similar issue on her iPhone. The problem is that she runs a hotel/restaurant and her business email is a Hotmail one!
    She doesn’t seem to grasp that Hotmail is flaky, and really ought to use something else, which is more reliable.
    I said she should get another one, but she’s got contacts all over the world… 🙄

Cougar

Hotmail’s fine for me, I’ve used it for years. Must just be flaky on the Mac.

Cougar

I had to tempt fate.

We can’t connect to Outlook at the moment. Please try again later.

There’s trouble at t’Internet at the moment anyway. Spamhaus are getting a DDoS kicking from a spam group and it’s having a knock-on effect all over the place.

cinnamon_girl

It’s me again! Still having problems so now have installed Chrome, is this OK or would Firefox be better?

Thanks again. 🙂

granny_ring

Just tried my 2 email accounts, first one wouldn’t connect. Tried the 2nd and that was fine then tried the 1st one again and all was good…..It’s not enough to piss me off yet just a bit annoying.
    Using Firefox.

paddy0091
    Free Member

New Outlook is absolute crap. So backward its unreal

cinnamon_girl

Still having problems even though I’ve installed Chrome. This is absolutely doing my head in now and reckon I’ll need to change.

Keep getting told that they can’t connect and try later. Even if I sign out and sign back in there is no difference.

What’s Yahoo like? Anything else besides Gmail?

wheelie

gmail works better than anything i have used before. Good for when travelling too!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Yahoo does all that I want it to, but that’s not a lot. I haven’t explored much.

granny_ring

cinnamon_girl, did you get it sorted?
    Mine has been ok the last few days.

granny_ring

Well that done it, it’s a right pain in the ‘arris now…..

cinnamon_girl

granny_ring – oh no, poor you and I feel your pain. 🙁

It’s weird. Had a good few days where I could access e-mails whenever I wanted to. That did not last. Am back to seeing e-mails sitting there but unable to open them. Even logging out and then back in doesn’t make any difference.

pita

cinnamon_girl

Jeez, I’m in a right bloomin’ mood. 👿

For the last few hours I’ve been unable to even log in to Outlook. It really is a pile of crap.

PC bloke will be here tomorrow anyway with hopefully a fixed monitor so shall ask him. Mind you, the rate I’m going with rising blood pressure and palpitations will be lucky to see morning!

Beer o’clock soon me thinks. 🙂

Cougar

Want me to take a look at that next week for you?

(The PC, not the blood pressure)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Hotmail/Outlook e-mail problems, anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.