Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hotels near to the O2 arena/ Millenium Dome
  • lunge

Morning all,

I’m going to a gig at the O2 in October and need to hotel near by stay in. Googling reveals lots of hotel that look close but on further investigation are a trek away due to them being the wrong side of the river and/or not close to a bridge. Has anyone got an ideas for somewhere that is ideally walking distance from the Dome? Or at very least, not horrendous to get to after a few beers?

dantsw13

The O2 has a tube stop, and a bus station, which may help to get away from the immediate area, which isn’t particularly great!

aP
    Free Member

There’s a Holiday Inn (I think) about 3/4 of a mile away. Alternatively look for somewhere in Greenwich which is a 10 minute bus ride away.

aP
    Free Member

Holiday Inn Express
    Some of the guys I’ve been working with stay there during the week.

davewalsh
    Free Member

+1 for Holiday Inn Express, I stayed there a few years ago.

lunge

Bugger, Holiday Inn Express is full. Any other ideas? There seem to be plenty near Canary Wharf which is 1 stop on the tube. But. The last tube is at 11:05 which is pretty tight to get to, if we miss that it’s a 5 mile cab via the Blackwall Tunnel.

Surely, surely, we can’t be the first to encounter this problem? there must be another option? Surely?????

wait4me

Last train to Canary Wharf from North Greenwich is nearer midnight i think, even on a sunday. I stayed in the Hilton next to South Quay and very nice it was too. Got a deal and was approx 80 quid.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/first-and-last-jubilee.pdf

lunge

Interesting, thanks for the info.

dantsw13

Remember night buses from there too.

somouk
    Free Member

I stopped at the Holiday Inn when I went to see something at the O2. Close and reasonably cheap too for London prices.

cabeaumont
    Free Member

I recently stayed at the Marlin Apartments in Canary wharf – much better than a hotel imho. 2 night in a 2 bed penthouse flat was half the cost of a decent hotel. Thoroughly recommend them.

We got the tube back after a concert at night no problem – actually very well organised considering the number of people trying to get the tube all at once.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hotels near to the O2 arena/ Millenium Dome’ is closed to new replies.