Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • hotels near chester (recommendations please)
  • jag61

evening all

so im going to be working in chester for a few weeks. we have found something within walking distance of cathedral but is a bit overpowering! think 1970’s patterned carpet,curtains and general clutter. City centre is ideal but realistically looking at up to 10 mile out? Dinner B&B reqd please. WHY? budget about 60 -80

riding… any body riding in the area? sat in room watching tv is a bit crap.sorry to bring bikes in so soon!

TIA

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Roomzzz is great – self-catering though (rooms all have kichens inc dishwashers and there’s laundry facilities on site). No floral decor and nice location right by the racecourse.

jekkyl

Village hotel Chester St David’s is a lovely hotel. Just about in your price range but has a pool and is opposite Cheshire oaks shopping place with cinema etc.

https://www.village-hotels.co.uk/hotels/chester-st-davids/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=chester-st-davids-gmb

Cycling? Degla of course…and Delamere. Lots of crappy bridleway riding if you don’t want elevation..

jag61

thanks chaps will investigate further

jekkyl

I’m certain there’s more forumites in the area so if you’re after riding buddies you might get on better with a more specific titled thread in the cycling forum. 👍

tthew

Stay in the city, it’s a lovely place. Lots of choice in City Road and a on the outskirts Hoole. Can’t recommend an actual place, I live too close to stop over.

thorpedo

Try the Mill hotel, decent accommodation with gym and pool, and the added benefit of a lively real ale bar too.

bensales
    Free Member

I’ve spent longer than I care to admit staying at the Doubletree Hilton on the edge of Chester. Really nice place, especially if you have suitable Hilton status to get free upgrades (hint, they status match other chains). They did us a corporate rate of £84 just by us asking. A lot less than their public rack rates.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘hotels near chester (recommendations please)’ is closed to new replies.