Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hotel RecommendationB&B Amsterdam NOT STAG DO but a 70th birthday
  • vondally
    Free Member

so can you fine folk recommend a hotel band b apartment in Amsterdam in june for 5 people to celebrate my Mother in Laws 70th birthday.

Please nothing stag do related this is a family venture with her daughter granddaughters and family for a long weekend.

Cheers

alanl
    Free Member

Cost you’d like to pay?
    The Krasnopolsky is the best, but expensive at £200ish a night, some cheaper deals can be had if you search.
    We stayed here:
    http://www.easytobook.com/en/netherlands/north-holland/amsterdam/die-port-van-cleve-hotel-303/

last October. Clean and tidy enough, dead central location, helpful staff, £115ish for the room for 2, no breakfast included.
    We’d go back, so I think that’s a recommendation.
    If you weant cheaper, I know a few places, but, tbh, I wouldn’t recommend them.

TiRed

We stayed at the Lloyd Hotel. A bit different, which the in-laws may like. Easy to get to by tram too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve always been very happy with the Park Hotel. Not massively central, but very well connected. Also, if the weather’s nice, it’s right on the Vondelpark, which is a delight!

If not, I’ve also stayed at;
    The Dylan – Lovely, superb location but expensive
    The Hilton on Apollolaan. Not especially inspiring, unless you’ve got a John and Yoko fetish.
    Crowne Plaza, Centraal. Dull as dishwater, but has a very nice little bar, and an excellent restaurant. Also, very close to In De Wildeman. Which is nice.

mefty
    Free Member

Without a budget difficult to recommend, but the following are all on canals and very nice.

Top end – Pullitzer
    A bit cheaper – Ambassade
    Slightly cheaper and where I put visitors when I lived there – Seven Bridges.

None of these are very cheap, sadly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hotel RecommendationB&B Amsterdam NOT STAG DO but a 70th birthday’ is closed to new replies.