Hotel Recommendation please – Lakes/Dales

Home Forum Chat Forum Hotel Recommendation please – Lakes/Dales

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hotel Recommendation please – Lakes/Dales
  • mrchrispy

Can anyone suggest somewhere nice for a night away in the Lakes or Dales?

I'm looking for somewhere with good food and nice rooms – ideally with some good <cough> road </cough> riding on the door step so I can get out for a bit and she can sit in the garden and read (seriously…she's happy doing that) which can be followed some top nosh.

We usually hit the punchbowl in the lakes or the the devonshire fell in the dales but they are both booked.

Trying to get away this weekend so I'm obviously leaving it late (its a man thing), I'm either going to be very lucky and get a bargain or end up in a dive.

mrchrispy

shameless bumpage

Premier Icon domino
    Subscriber

The The P B Inn and C B Inn are both in the Yorkshire Dales, food is fantastic. Riding straight from the doorstep.

Had a lovely stay here in December, food was stunning Overwater Hall and there's a large garden for reading in and Skiddaw nearby for MTB.

Gasman Jim

Try the Langdale Estate or Skelwith Bridge Hotel. Stayed at both. No complaints.

mrchrispy

cheers domino, both those inns look cracking.

Premier Icon coolhandluke
    Subscriber

The Black Swan in Ravenstonedale.

Its lovely there.

niallmb

best place we've stayed recently was Appleby manor house hotel. Its more westmorland than lakes as such but some great riding off the doorstep and not far to the lakes. Food was excellent and the room/staff really nice

http://www.applebymanor.co.uk/index.htm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hotel Recommendation please – Lakes/Dales’ is closed to new replies.