• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by BigM.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hotel L’Aubergade Morzine, anyone been
  • BigM
    Free Member

Fancied trying this on our next trip, has anyone stayed there, any experience of what it’s like?
    I liked the fact that it’s central, easy access to lifts etc and unlike a chalet no cooking and cleaning.

BoardinBob

Haven’t stayed but have been in it many times for food and drink. Food is excellent. Its a really nice place. They do some good stuff like communal BBQ nights, parties etc. Good location with the Pleney lift a minute’s walk. You could ski or ride directly into the back garden at the end of the day.

nickjb
    Free Member

Can’t help with what its like to stay there but it is a great location and we do occasionally go there for an apres-vtt beer. Nice terrace. I prefer a chalet for biking but as hotels go it looks pretty good.

ElShalimo

We stayed about 10yrs ago for a few days skiing. It was excellent. Lovely home cooked food, nice French family ran it then. It seems to have changed ownership since then

mark88

Similar to the above – never stayed but finished many a day’s riding there. Perfect location, best beer garden in town, decent food and a bike wash.

BigM
    Free Member

Thanks, have been for beers a couple of times.

we’ve stayed in a chalet for the last 6 years or so but I’ve had enough of cooking and cleaning so toying with the idea of a hotel because it’s easy.

flip456
    Free Member

I’ve stayed there twice, for week long winter trips and had a great time. A mate owns a snowboard shop and held his kit tests there.
    Food is really good, even when catering for large groups (20+) there was plenty of good quality grub. Nice bar/ terrace, comfy sofas and often with live music. I’d definitely recommend it.
    A few more hooks/ storage in the rooms to hang kit etc would be ideal, but that’s me being picky.

jimdubleyou

Stayed there for a few days on our first summer trip and have stayed in sister property up the road for a winter trip

Both standard 2/3* rooms but clean and well maintained- can’t ask for more.

Food is good, and staff were great in both places.

daveylad
    Free Member

It’s my go-to hotel. Right next to the free underground car park, reasonable priced, decent food, nowhere near as busy as the cottage was at the end of the day. The door to the secure bike area isn’t as robust as I would like though.
    A rear facing room is preferable especially if the Harley knobbers are racing up and down the road at 2 in the morning.

BigM
    Free Member

Intend to be ther after the Harley nobbers have gone hahahaha

Thanks for the feedback

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hotel L’Aubergade Morzine, anyone been’ is closed to new replies.