• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by bruk.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hot Toddy Recipes
  • Bregante

The whole family has come down with stinking filthy rotten colds since getting back from our hols at the start of the week.

I of course being the man of the house, have developed a far more virulent strain than the lovely Mrs B so I’m spending the evening getting pissed researching alternative medicinal solutions.

So far a measure or two of whisky, a squeeze of lemon, teaspoon of honey and a couple of cloves, topped up with hot water is working wonders but has anybody else got an alternative?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

being the man of the house a workshy bizzie

Bregante

*adds dd to “the list”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve been on “the list” for years Breggie. 🙂 Just ask deluded.

Have you tried a hot port instead? Quite the warmer. Won’t do **** all for your cold y’know, but it’ll help forget.

Bregante

Ah but I’m talking about a northern list here double D – not one of your namby pamby, hoity toity soft as shoit southern jobbies. 😉

I’d have to raid the in laws cocktail cabinet for Port..

bruk

I always add a stick of cinnamon too! Crush the cloves. Add the whisky, teaspoon honey and add the hot water then the lemon and then the cinnamon.

Lovely but not as good when you discover your father in law has been using the Laphroag rather than the Bells that’s kept just for such occasions.

Bregante

The Mrs brought a bottle of Bells back from the kids school Tombola at the end of term fortunately. 😀

Rubber_Buccaneer

Laphroag rather than the Bells

If you can’t tell that difference I think you have the black death rather than a cold.

1-shed
    Free Member

For breakfast may I suggest a full fry up and this http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/long_island_iced_tea_42582

bruk

I didn’t have the cold, the mother in law did and believe me she would not have known the difference. I was just left with a big hole in my collection and a glaringly full bottle of Bells winking at me in the cupboard.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hot Toddy Recipes’ is closed to new replies.