• This topic has 49 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Hot sauces from regular shops
  • johnners
    Free Member

I thoroughly recommend this stuff, similar heat to std Encona but bags more flavour IMO.

I didn’t stick the award graphic on, honest.

jimjam
    Free Member

I was addicted to that stuff in St.Lucia, very nice. The Wahaca I mentioned earlier is very similar, have never seen Baron sauce over here.

Cougar

“Fruity”?!

porlus
    Free Member

Was bought some Daves insanity sauce a number of years back as part of my Christmas present. Was hot back then. Think its got hotter over the years. Played a blinder on my lass. Made her a fried egg sarnie with brown sauce. Couple of bites in she had to go upstairs for something. So I whipped out the Daves with the intention of adding one drop. Dolloped about 1 teaspoon on by accident. Arrrgghhhh this is going to be funny. She came back and ate the whole sandwich without letting on. I was trying hard to hold back the tears of laughter. Afterwards she said she didnt want to give me the pleasure of watching her mouth burn. It was brutal by all accounts.

konabunny
    Free Member

I suppose that’s okay if you like the mass market option…

How very STW.

Sorry, I was just being nichier than thou. I’m sure it’s lovely stuff really.

Normal Sriracha is just heat without flavour. It’s good mixed with Heinz ketchup tho. They moved factories recently and the local ressies tried to shut them down for being a fairly obnoxious neighbour.

jimjam
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

“Fruity”?!

Yes. It’s very nice. More flavour than heat, but still the same taste as the Baron Hot sauce. It’s nice too being that bit milder since you can lash more of it on. Won’t burn your mouth off but will make you sweat.

hatter

Similar theory to the prickly pear Marie Sharp’s I mentioned earlier, lovely stuff for when you want a bit of zing but are more concerned with flavor than having your head torn off.

mogrim

Are they particularly difficult to grow?

I tried last year and failed – the seeds germinated but they never really grew… Probably a serious lack of green fingers on my part. The jalapeños and cayenne did fine, though.

I’m trying again this year, time will tell.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

“Fruity”?!

I can get that. Use habaneros for making chilli, go easy on them, don’t use the seeds (no flavour just heat) and if you have a next day chilli, they are fruitier than Graham Norton in the Apple store.

z1ppy

I tried last year and failed – the seeds germinated but they never really grew… Probably a serious lack of green fingers on my part. The jalapeños and cayenne did fine, though.

I’m trying again this year, time will tell.

Chilli’s are the easiest thing I’ve every grown, though I’ve cut back on numbers this year to increase the crop from less plants (pity my seeds didn’t turn up till late!). Seems I’ve been making my chilli’s struggle with small plant pots… a 12″ diameter plant pot has been recommended.. plonk em in and water them & use a tomato food occasionally

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Hot sauces from regular shops’ is closed to new replies.